You Give Love a Bad Name

Confrontation

"I'll see you guys after school!" Mikey called to Cara and Bob, walking backwards and waving frantically.

"What he said," I said, grabbing Mikey's hand and pulling him towards our AP American Government class.

My first lunch as a Senior didn't differ from my Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior lunches. The only difference was that Ray, Gerard, Laurie, and some other of my friends that graduated, weren’t there. Oh, and Frank didn't show up in the cafeteria either. But I guess it was for the best...

"Scared?" Mikey asked me suddenly, as we walked into room six, a.k.a Lareeze's dungeon of horrors.

"Uh, somewhat," I replied honestly.

Mikey and I sat down in the back and killed time, waiting for the teacher to came in, by talking about random stuff, from comics to what was playing in movie theaters that was actually worth watching. That went on for about four minutes until Mikey spotted our friend Jake, and Frank, walking through the door, and waved them over.

"Oh great. Lareeze's class just got better, since he is in it," I groaned, obviously meaning Frank, and sank deeper into my seat.

Mikey turned towards me sternly. "Be civil."

"Excellent," Jake said happily, sitting down in the seat in front of me and turning around so he could face Mikey and I. "I see that all the cool people are in AP American Government this year."

"Not quite," I heard Frank grumble, glaring at me, as he sat down in front of Mikey and across from Jake.

I chose to ignore his comment, just because I didn’t want Mikey on my case later on. Instead I turned my attention on Jake. "Where were you at lunch? I missed my partner in crime."

Frank rolled his eyes as Jake smiled at me.

One more look in my direction, and I'll personally make sure you'll never reproduce, you motherfu-

"Sorry about that. Frank, some of the guys and I went to Taco Bell about five minutes into lunch. We were going to invite you along, but we were kinda on a tight schedule, sooo..." He trailed off guiltily.

"Hey don't worry about it. I was catching up with people anyway," I reassured him with a small smile. "Don't sweat it."

"Speaking of summer vacation, how was yours, dude?" Mikey asked Jake warmly. "Didn't you go to California to visit your grandparents or something?"

"Yes!" Jake said, excitement evident on his face. "It was so cool. UC Berkeley is definitely my number one choice for a university to go to. The whole place is just amazing. And the local music scene is not too bad either."

"Dude, no way! I was looking up that place on the internet just the other night!" I informed him, glad to speak with someone who actually saw the place in person. "I'm thinking about going there myself. I mean, my grades are good enough, and-"

"I thought you wanted to go to Rutgers," Mikey interrupted me with confusion.

"She can't go there!" Frank said, looking me straight in the eyes, first time in two months, his stare laced with hatred and venom. "I'm going there, and I don't want fake people around me."

Who the fuck was he calling fake?

I have had enough. Ignoring a pleading look from Mikey and uncomfortable one from Jake, I stood up and walked over to Frank and placed both of my hands on the surface of his desk. Smiling grimly, I leaned my face so it was inches apart from his.

"Hey Frank?" I said, surprisingly calm, since I felt like I was about to blow up and punch him in the face.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "What the fuck do you want?"

Ignoring his icy tone, my smile grew, forming one that was somewhat mocking. "There's something I wanted to tell you for a while now."

"Say it, and after you're done, don't talk to me for the rest of my natural life," he informed me, crossing his arms.

"Okay, here it goes; FUCK OFF!" I yelled the last part in his face.

I heard Mikey groan in now quiet room, as I grew aware that quite a few people were staring at our little ensemble.

Frank looked taken back, but only for a moment. His face started to contort into one of anger, and I could honestly say that I've never seen Frank so pissed of in the whole eight years that I knew him. I could almost feel the heat radiating from his face.

He was about to say something back to me, but was stopped by Mr. Lareeze walking into the room.