You Give Love a Bad Name

Valerie: The Comeback

Logaaan says:
Are you there?

Lena is tired says:
Yeah.

Lena is tired says:
I'm reading Crime and Punishment.

Logaaan says:
For fun?!

Logaaan says:
Freak >.<

Lena is tired says:
No, for the project that is due two weeks after we come back from break.

Lena is tired says:
For English?

Lena is tired says:
Yeah.

Logaaan says:
For real? O.O

Logaaan says:
Awww, shit, I thought Ramsey was joking.

Lena is tired says:
The joke's on you, then >=]

Logaaan says:
We seriously have to do 10 pages?

Lena is tired says:
Yep.

Logaaan says:
>.<

Logaaan says:
Anyway, what did you do last night?

Logaaan says:
Oh, and btw, I absolutely ADORED your gift :D

Lena is tired says:
Ahaha, I thought of you when I saw that shirt - I was like 'that screams "Logan", right there', so I HAD to buy it XD

Logaaan says:
:D

Logaaan says:
The blue really brings out my eyes :]

Lena is tired says:
I know =]

Logaaan says:
And...my gift? xD

Lena is tired says:
Dude, Logan, you know that I love you right?

Logaaan says:
..../

Logaaan says:
*/

Logaaan says:
DAMMIT!

Logaaan says:
*?

Logaaan says:
There >.<

Lena is tired says:
XD

Lena is tired says:
Well, now, you are my most favorite person EVER!

Logaaan says:
:D

Lena is tired says:
You know how comfy the jacket you gave me is?

Logaaan says:
:D

Lena is tired says:
Want to be my personal shopper?

Logaaan says:
Hahahahaha!

Logaaan says:
Okay xD

Logaaan says:
Wait...how much am I getting payed by the hour?

Lena is tired says:
Three hugs?

Lena is tired says:
And a pic of Geetard where he's sleeping.

Logaaan says:
>.<

Logaaan says:
What did you get him, anyway?

Lena is tired says:
Want to hear about just Gerard, or my whole family?

Logaaan says:
Family.

Lena is tired says:
I got Gerard this really expensive sketchbook bound in real leather [gag], that I saw him looking at a couple of weeks ago, I got Mikey a $30 Sturbucks giftcard, I got Mom a pre-payed day at a spa, I got Dad two really nice ties for work, and I got Grandma a new frying pan XD

Lena is tired says:
I'm not going into my extended family.

Lena is tired says:
You?

Logaaan says:
I got Mom and Dad a room in NYC for New Year's - it worked out for the tree of us :D

Lena is tired says:
Damn rich kid >.<

Logaaan says:
:D

Logaaan says:
What did you get?

Lena is tired says:
$500 from my parents, pyjamas from Gerard, Just Friends from Mikey, a dress from Grandma, a ton of useless stuff [like mugs] from relatives, The Wall by Pink Floyd from Toro, a zebra-print shirt from Bob, a facial kit from Cara, In Utero by Nirvana from Jake, and 30 Days of Night from Frank.

Lena is tired says:
Oh, and that amazing comfy jacket from you =D

Logaaan says:
Ahaha, did Mikey really give you 'Just Friends'?

Lena is tired says:
Yeah, isn't he a bastard?

Logaaan says:
:D

Logaaan says:
Have you talked to Frank?

Lena is tired says:
Not lately.

Lena is tired says:
I didn't even give him his Christmas present, and vise versa - Gerard dropped both of to and from band practice.

Logaaan says:
>.<

Logaaan says:
Can you try and talk to him at Bob's party?

Logaaan says:
PLEASE?

Logaaan says:
Mikey thinks you should too.

Lena is tired says:
You've been gossiping with my brother behind my back?

Logaaan says:
:]

Lena is tired says:
Gah, you two suck >.<

Lena is tired says:
How about next time, you two will invite Gerard over as well?

Lena is tired says:
Or Frank?

Logaaan says:
Will you talk to him at New Year's?

Lena is tired says:
You don't have to wait that long, Frank's coming over tomorrow to give me the second part of the present.

Logaaan says:
Yes! You two will get together!

Lena is tired says:
>.<

Lena is tired says:
Don't be stupid.

Lena is tired says:
Besides, tomorrow will be hell - Valerie's coming.

Logaaan says:
Valerie?

Lena is tired says:
Yeah, she's staying with us while her parents are in London 'cause she sucks at life. Or at school, if you want to get technical.

Lena is tired says:
Can you imagine me trying to talk to Frank with her in the house?

Logaaan says:
Why not?

Lena is tired says:
Oh, didn't I tell you? She full-blown made Frank her conquest mission before she left.

Logaaan says:
>.<

Logaaan says:
Just lock her in the closet for five to ten minutes, or something.

Lena is tired says:
If only...

Logaaan says:
Shit, I got to go, Mom's calling me down for dinner, but I'll see you tomorrow?

Lena is tired says:
Yeah, please come over and save me from my misery.

Logaaan says:
I will :]

Logaaan says:
xoxo

Logaaan says:
Love ya, bitch.

Logaaan says:
Paris Hilton style.

Lena is tired says:
Later, loser <3

Feeling nauseous, I leaned against the chilly window of my Mom's car, trying to ignore the happy chatter of Mikey, Gerard, and Valerie behind me as we came back from the airport with our overgrown bundle of joy. Thankfully, I excused myself from the riveting conversation of the fun times ahead by telling everyone that I felt slightly sick. It wasn't entirely a lie, seeing as I had a killer migraine eating away at my brain, getting worse and worse by every passing minute.

"Here we are," Mom smiled in relief as we pulled into the familiar driveway. The snow was cleared out this morning by Gerard, so only the dark asphalt showed, sprinkled with powdery substance.

I could not shut the passenger door fast enough as I practically ran up to the front door, fishing in the pocket of my jacket for my keys.

"What's the hurry, Lena?" my dear cousin yelled behind me, laughing at something Mikey had said.

"Tylenol," I replied in a half-whisper, my shaking hands finally getting the key in the hole, and opening the stubborn lock.

Not waiting to her reply, I dashed inside, not stopping till I was right in front of the small mirror in the bathroom I shared with my siblings, the outside clothes still on me. With a sigh, I opened the shiny surface, revealing a small shelf behind. I took out a small, red bottle, and shook out two white, round pills, tipping my head back and swallowing them dry.

There was a knock on the bathroom door. "Lena?"

I leaned against the sink, resting my head again the cool marble of the bathroom wall. "Go away, Mikey."

"What's wrong?" he started rattling the lock, obviously not taking 'no' for an answer.

"I told you, I have a headache," I answered, making my voice loud to be just audible.

"Lena..."

I let a stream of air blow past my lips, lifting up the tips of my bangs. "Leave me alone."

"No."

I groaned and stood up, walking up to the door and opening it a crack, only to be pushed back as Mikey opened it all the way.

I crossed my arms and leaned against the wall. "What is it?"

Mikey came to stand right next to me. "What's wrong with you?"

I tipped my head so it was touching the smooth surface behind me. "I already told you."

Mikey tilted his head, his honey eyes studying my face. "Is it Frank? Are you nervous because he's coming over in a few?"

I didn't say anything, just stared straight up, tracing patterns in the cracked ceiling with my tired eyes. Then I felt a warm hand rest against my cheek.

"You shouldn't you know," Mikey voice was soft, "you really shouldn't."

"It's not exactly that," I managed to croak out, moving my head so I was facing Mikey's concerned expression. "It's Valerie."

Mikey's eyes narrowed in an instant. "What about her?"

"She likes him too. And I just...I just," I tried to find the right words, "I just don't want to compete for something that will never be mine anyway."

Mikey started shaking his head, opening his mouth to say that I was wrong, no doubt, but closed it as there was another knock on the door.

I blinked slowly. "Yeah?"

"Yo, shrimp," Gerard's happy voice clearly carried through the wooden material that separated the bathroom from the hallway, "come down for your gift, Frank's pulling into the driveway."