You Give Love a Bad Name

George Washington

"Anyway," Jake said quickly, squinting his deep blue eyes at the piece of paper in front of him. "It says here that we have to pick a president of United States, and write about him in full detail"

"Uh, one problem though," I stopped him, picking up another copy and looking through it quickly. "Have you seen the size this essay has to be? Twenty pages! Plus a poster. There's no way we can finish that in four days!"

"We can work at someone's house after school for the poster," Frank said smartly, looking at Mikey and Jake for support on his idea. "It says here that the essay has to be divided into four parts; early life, term highlights and accomplishments, popularity among the people, and life after the term. Each one of us can take one part, write five pages on it, and then we can merge them together into one long essay."

"Good idea," Mikey nodded in approval. "I pick life after the term. And I think we should do the paper on George Washington 'cause he is the easiest president to write about."

"I'm taking term highlights and accomplishments, and I agree with Mikey about Washington," Frank said, crossing his arms and leaning back on his chair.

"I want popularity among the people!" Jake exclaimed, turning his head to look at me daringly, like he was challenging me to say; 'No! I want that!'.

I shrugged, not really caring what I got. "I'll take the last one, I guess."

"Okay, since we got that settled, whose house are we working at for the poster?" Mikey asked, yawning and scratching his head.

"Yours," Jake and Frank said in unison.

"You don't have an annoying little sibling running around," Jake added, referring to his six year old brother.

"You're looking at her," Mikey smirked, nodding in my direction, causing Frank and Jake to laugh. Jake out of good humor, and Frank because...well because he was a douche.

"Shut up, dumbass," I retorted, smacking him upside the head lightly, "I'm not the one who stuck a fork in the toaster!"

"I heard about that," Jake started laughing, "didn't you avoid toasters for a month after that?"

"Dude, that was one time!" Mikey tried to defend himself. "What did you want me to do? The toast was burning."

"Um, turn the toaster off, and then get it?" I said the sentence slowly, like explaining something to a small child. "That's what sane people do, anyway."

"Like you would know," Jake teased me, grinning and high fiving Mikey.

"Okay, back on the subject," Frank interrupted our little debate on sanity. "Mikey's house at what time and when?"

"Uh, how about today after school? That way we can have band practice later," Mikey said with a proud look of accomplishment on his face, turning to look at Jake. "And you can hear the two new songs we wrote this summer."

"Sounds awesome," Jake replied, smiling happily for the millionth time today, making me wonder if my friend was on something.

"Gerard, go annoy someone else if you're not going help," I told my older brother, crossing my arms and leaning back into the couch, glaring at him slightly.

It was four in the afternoon, and for two hours now, Mikey, Jake, Frank, as well as myself, were arguing about the way the layout of the poster was going to be, resulting in little of actual work being done. To top it off, either Gerard, Ray, or Bob were constantly coming in to the living room to remind Mikey and Frank about the band practice, that was not going to take place for another two hours.

"Hey," Gerard put his hands up in defense, "I'm just making sure that you know about the ban-."

"Dude, we kinda got the message an hour ago," Mikey interrupted, running his hands through his hair stressfully.

"And tell Bob and Ray that if either of them comes in here one more time while we're working, I'm going to castrate them, and sell their balls on eBay," I added, earning a laugh from Jake, who sat on the living room floor next to Frank, opposite me and Mikey.

"Better not let Mom hear you talking like that, or Grandma for that matter," Gerard warned me, mockingly raising his eyebrows at me. "They still think you’re sweet and innocent."

"I hate you, asshole." I informed him, as everyone in the room roared with laughter at his moronic comment.