Status: Active

You Are My Everything

These Times Are Hard

Spencer and Ryan started setting up for practice so the band could prepare for an upcoming show.
It had been a few weeks since Ryan had seen Annalyse. She had been staying away from their practices, which is what he had asked of her, but it made him sad not having her around.
Things were just so different and he hated it.

Brendon had called Spencer earlier to tell him he'd be late to practice. He was asked to stay later at work, so Ryan and Spencer decided to set everything up so it was ready to go when he arrived.
As Ryan plugged in his amp, his phone began to vibrate in his pocket. An unknown number flashed on the screen. "Hello?"
"Ryan! It's Livy!" a voice urged from the other side of the phone.
"Hey, is everything okay?" he asked.
"No. I'm out of town, but Annalyse called me. Something is wrong Ry." she cried.
"What? What do you mean?" he asked, starting to pace. He was worried.
"I don't know. She called me and she said she was having stomach pains and felt sick. She's tried calling Brendon but he's tied up at work and won't answer his phone." Livy explained.
"Don't worry, I'll go over there." he said, grabbing his stuff.
"Okay, she doesn't know I called you though. I don't think she even thought to call you. She thinks you hate her." Livy said solemnly.
"I could never hate her. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for the heads up." he said.
He hung up the phone and shoved it back in his pocket.
"What's going on?" Spencer asked, beginning to worry himself.
"Annalyse doesn't feel well and is having stomach pains. I'm going to check on her. I might end up taking her to the hospital. Keep your phone on and tell Brendon to call as soon as he can." he yelled, rushing out of the house.
He sped over to her house. He knocked on the door, but no one answered. It was unlocked, so he let himself in.
"ANNA?" he called out, looking in the living room. He made his way up to her bedroom, still seeing no sign of her.
"Annalyse? Are you home?" He checked all of the rooms upstairs and still didn't find her. He ran back downstairs and checked the kitchen. Nothing.
He heard something drop in the first floor bathroom and rushed in to find Annalyse on the floor.
"Oh God, Anna!" Ryan yelled, dropping down to her side and picking her head up carefully. He laid her head in his lap, trying to get her attention. She seemed pretty out of it. She had a big gash on her forehead and was drenched in sweat.
Ryan grabbed his phone, calling 911. He told them the address while also trying to get Anna to wake up. He hung up and tried Brendon's cell but got his voicemail.
"Anna? Anna can you hear me?" Ryan asked her, staring into her eyes.
She looked at him groggily. "Ry-?" she gasped, out of breath.
"Shh. You're gonna be okay. I'm right here." He held her hand tightly.
There was a knock at the door. Ryan just yelled for them to come in. Luckily, it was the paramedics. He stepped out of the way as they lifted her onto a stretcher. Following them outside, he watched as they put her on a gurney and lifted her into the back of the ambulance.
"Do you want to ride with her?" One of the Paramedics asked.
Ryan just nodded. He had no idea what was going to happen and he was worried beyond belief. The back doors shut and they were on their way to the hospital. He held her hand the entire way as the paramedics hooked her up to all kinds of machines. They asked Ryan a ton of questions about Annalyse and he answered them absentmindedly, but as best as he could.
It didn't take long to get to the hospital.
One of the paramedics stopped Ryan as they unloaded Annaylse.
"We're going to take her into emergency now. You can follow me to the waiting room now."
Ryan reluctantly let go of Annalyse's hand after giving her a kiss on the forehead.
He watched as she was wheeled away and then followed the paramedic like a lost child.

When he got to the waiting room, he had to fill out paperwork for Annalyse. At first they thought he was the father of the baby, but he told them Brendon would be coming as soon as he could.
Then it was just a waiting game.
It seemed like hours passed before Livy showed up. She had gotten back home as quickly as possible after Ryan texted her saying they were at the hospital.
Shortly after Livy got there, Brendon and Spencer came in.
Brendon was a complete wreck. Not only was he worried about Annalyse, but his baby's life was on the line.
The scariest part was that none of them even knew what happened; what caused Annalyse to pass out in the bathroom.

Some more time passed without any news, until finally a doctor came out.
"Mr. Urie?" The doctor asked. Brendon recognized her as the OBGYN that Annalyse had been going to and immediately jumped to his feet. Everyone else gathered around too.
The doctor's face looked troubled. "Annalyse is stable at the moment." Everyone let out a slight sigh of relief, but they knew their worries weren't over yet.
"She had a hemorrhage which was what caused her to faint. She lost a lot of blood. We were, however, forced to do an emergency delivery." Brendon didn't know what to do. He was a father?!
"The baby is 27 weeks. She has a long road ahead of her being a preemie, but it is possible for her to survive. We are going to keep a strict eye on both Annalyse and the baby and hope for the best. Congratulations on being a father!" She said to Brendon.

Ryan didn't know what to do. He was thrilled that Annalyse and the baby were both okay, but in a deep pit of his stomach, jealousy burned because it was now 100% real that Brendon was the father of Annalyse's baby. Ryan just felt like getting sick from all of the stress.
"Congratulations, man." Ryan said, walking up to Brendon and giving him a hug. Brendon had tears in his eyes.
"Thank you Ry. You saved her life. Both of them. I can never thank you enough for that."
Ryan just nodded and watched as Brendon walked back to the prenatal unit to see his baby girl for the first time.