Status: Active

You Are My Everything

Things Are Shaping Up to Be Pretty Odd

Over the next few days, Annalyse didn't see much of Brendon.
It seemed that he was avoiding her.
Every time she tried to talk to him, he'd make up some excuse to leave.
It was really starting to get to her.
She decided on to skip out on her Honors English class to go try to find Brendon.

As she walked across the courtyard, she spotted him sitting under on the other side of the soccer fields.
She walked closer to him, slowly being able to see him busying himself with writing.
The one thing she forgot to do was to prepare anything to say to him.
She stood a few feet in front of him, staring blankly down at him.
As a pair of Vans that he knew all too well appeared in his line of vision, he slowly looked up.
"Hey." he said softly, closing the notebook he was writing in.
"Hey." she choked out. Annalyse always hated the feeling of either Brendon or Ryan being mad at her.
It didn't happen often, but when it did, it killed her.
Neither of them knew what to say, even though it was obvious what the other was thinking.
"Listen, I hate it when you're mad at me." she blurted out finally.
"I'm not mad." he said calmly. She gave him a disbelieving look. "Then why have you been ignoring me the past couple of days? You won't even answer my calls." she said, truly hurt.
Brendon sighed. "I've just been....busy. I'm sorry."
"I think there is more to it than that." She said.
"It's nothing." he said. But Annalyse wasn't convinced. She knew Brendon. Something was bugging him. He wasn't acting like himself at all and she was hating every second of it.
"It's just, girl problems." he said, hoping she would let it go. But of course, she didn't.
"Talk to me." she said, plopping herself down in the lush green grass next to him.
Brendon groaned. "Nothing. Just, I wanted to ask someone to the party, but she already has a date. It's fine. I'll get over it. I've just decided not to go."
"What? No! You can't decide not to go just because of one girl. You can come with me and Ryan." she said.
Brendon clenched his teeth at the mention of Ryan, but he was hoping Annalyse didn't notice.
"It's not that simple. It's fine. I will find other plans. I'll just hang out with Spencer or something." He told her, urging the conversation to end. Annalyse sensed the tension in Brendon's voice and chose to just drop the topic.
"Well, will you at least spend the day with me. Since you've been ignoring me for what seems like forever." she begged.
Brendon gave a half-smile at her pout. He grabbed his things and lifted himself off the ground, helping Annalyse up as well.
She smiled up at him, hugging him tightly before skipping towards the parking lot.
If only she knew the thoughts going through Brendon's mind. How she was driving him insane without even knowing it.
He still had a whole day that he would have to suppress his feelings. He was just hoping that it would be easier than he thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this one is okay.
Sorry it's so short.
It's kind of just a filler.
The plot will hopefully be developing really soon.
I can't wait.
I need to start updating more.
I'm sorry for the lack of updates.
I've been sort of busy.
But I promise, I will try to update more often.
:)