Sequel: Take Your Breath Away
Status: Active- Updated as often as possible

Just A lonely Star

Chapter 11 - Things have Changed For Me, And That's Okay

I woke up to the sound of glass smashing somewhere on the bus, I opened my eyes slowly, the little bit of light creeping through my curtain burned my eyes, making my head throb. I shouldn’t have drunk last night. Max had decided that due to it being the start of a new tour that we should all have a bus party, he put on loud music, dimmed the lights and got shit loads of alcohol from the fridge. And if my headache was anything to go by, I reckon we all drank quite a lot. I lay in bed a little longer, preparing myself to get up. When I was ready I lifted myself up and jumped out of my bunk; that was my first mistake. As soon as I steadied myself I was running to the bathroom, hand over my mouth and my stomach churning. I never could handle whisky and that’s what we had been drinking for the majority of the night. As my body emptied the majority of its content into the toilet I felt someone scrape the hair from my face and hold it back for me, softly rubbing my back. Once I was finished they brandished a glass of water to me. I looked up; it was Josh, looking all fine, like he hadn’t drunk anything.

`Urghhh. I feel terrible.’ I cried

`You look it too’ he joked, `get the water down you and some aspirin and you’ll be fine. I think you just puked it all up so you should be good’

Josh sat with me on the toilet floor for another half hour until I felt the Aspirin kick in and began to feel better.

`Breakfast?’ he asked

`I think I’ll pass’ I said, the thought of eating making me want to hurl again. I followed Josh into the Kitchen are where he made us both some toast.

`Eat that, it’ll make you feel better’

I ate the toast, and sure enough I did feel a lot better now. The rest of the guys were still asleep or setting up inside the venue.

`So where are we?’

`We are in Birmingham, great for shopping. So as soon as you’re ready, you wanna head into town?’

`Ooh! Shopping! Is there anywhere I can shower?’

`Umm… yeah… it’s inside the venue though’

`That’s fine, I don’t mind, I just need to get clean!’

`Go grab your stuff then and I’ll take you over there then’ he said.

So I went back to my bunk and got my bag out, I was rummaging through when I overheard a
conversation between Josh and Max.

`Josh, you gotta tell her today before she finds out herself, she’s proved she likes you, for you.’

`I know, I was going to last night but I didn’t. Im just nervous, ya’know. What if she hears things about me? What if the fans say things about her? It’s not fair to put that on her. I care so much about May, I just don’t want to mess this up’ Josh whispered back

`Josh, its better coming from you than her seeing the signs and stuff, tell her before you leave the bus. Trust me, she’s cool, she’ll be fine’

`I guess you’re right. Thanks man.’

I heard someone walk off the bus and shut the door; I grabbed my wash bag, towel and new clothes and walked into the front lounge again. Josh was sat down on the couch; he smiled at me as I sat next to him, running his hands through his hair. He was nervous; he only plays with his hair when he’s nervous.

`Joshy, are you ok? You look a little stressed’ I said, putting my arm around him.

`Yeah im fine.’ He said, looking up at me, `I guess I have some explaining to do about the band and stuff though, before we go out there’

`Ok?’ I questioned, trying to make it easier for him to tell me.

`Well we are actually quite famous, tonight we’re playing to 3500 people, our last album charted at number 4 and we tour worldwide. Including America, we’re actually planning on playing warped tour again this year.’

`Whoa, you guys are kinda massive then?’

`For a band of our age we’re doing pretty well I s’pose. I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want you to judge me as a typical band guy, and there’s a lot of rumours on the internet about me and I guess, I just wanted to protect you from that, fans have been known to target girlfriends and I didn’t want that to happen to you. We’re a band called You Me at Six.’

`Josh, thank you. I understand what you mean. Fans can get too involved in your lives and you didn’t want to subject me to that, and I thank you for that. But truth is, I’ve known who you are for a little while now. It’s actually kinda embarrassing….’

`Oh, really? Please, carry on’ he smiled

`Ok, well my friend, back in New York was a massive fan of you guys, she even dragged me to one of your shows. So truth is, I’ve known of you guys for quite a while. I didn’t recognise you though, it was only when I looked at the posters in HMV that I realised who you were, and boy, was that a shock’ I laughed, `So don’t worry about it, I understand. I like you for you and if the fan girls become little bitches then I’ll deal with that’

`You’re perfect. Thank you for understanding, that is a huge weight off my shoulders’

Josh leaned in to kiss me but just before our lips touched, I leaned away from him. He looked at me, confused.

`“Save It For The Bedroom” Joshua’
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/mays_morning_after_outift/set?id=39492705 - Mays Outift

Hope you guys enjoy, i will update again today.

I love that Josh told May, this tour will be an interesting experience for the both of them. Please comment and subscribe!

Music that inspired me:
Some old school Panic! At The Disco
Wams- Fall Out Boy
No Idea- All Time Low
Bite My Tongue - You Me At Six
New Jersey - You Me At Six
Higher and Higher - The Blackout