Sequel: Take Your Breath Away
Status: Active- Updated as often as possible

Just A lonely Star

Chapter 16 - We'll stagger home after midnight

I opened my eyes slowly, closing them again, quickly. My head is throbbing, the lights are too bright and everything hurts.

I open my eyes again. The bright, white lights burning my eyes. My vision focused, I was staring up at a white ceiling, windows were covering the walls, I didn’t dare glance through them, and the glare from the windows was hurting me enough.

I have a guess as to where I am. But how I had got here, I had no idea.

`May?’ I heard a soft voice, whisper.

`Yes?’ I replied, but the word came at as a feeble groan. I slowly sat up, the room spinning around me. I felt someone’s arm reach out to stabilise me as I leant back on the sofa I seemed
to have been sleeping on. I turned to look at them.

It was Max.

His eyes were red and hollow looking.

He looked like shit.

This meant I probably looked a whole lot worse.

`Max, what’s wrong?’

I didn’t understand why he was so upset, it was only his friend, cheating on me, and I understood he must be disappointed in Josh but he looked devastated.

`You know that girl that Josh was…yeah…that is my girlfriend. Well she was my girlfriend’ he whispered, his voice cracking.

I gasped. I was so shocked.

24 hours ago, I had believed that Josh was perfect, that he cared for everyone, and that he loved me. But now? Now, I knew what he was really like. He was a liar; he betrayed his friends and treated everyone like shit.

`Max, I am so sorry’ I said, rushing forward to hug him tightly, I rested my head on his chest, now sobbing lightly, my tears soaking through his shirt.

`I don’t know what to do May. I thought she loved me.’

I looked up at him, noticing the tears spilling down his face, his bottom lip trembling.

`I don’t know about you Max but im incredibly hung-over. And I kinda want to go out and drink
my whole weight in vodka. And it looks like you could do with that too.’

`It is one in the afternoon’

`I’m failing to see your point.’ I turned to Elissa, who had been sat there quietly,
`Liss, will you do us a favour and drive us to the nearest pub?’

`Yes, but only because Josh text me saying he’s coming home and I need you two to leave. I’ll
pick you up in an hour and I don’t want either of you to drink too much. Promise?’

`Yeah we promise’ I lied, smiling at her.

I grabbed Max’s hand and we walked to the car. I couldn't change my clothes if i wanted, they were all on the tour bus still.

Man, I felt like shit.

We arrived at the pub in a matter of minutes.
It was in a dodgy part of town and was full of old men, drinking away their sorrows; the place reeked of Kidney failure.

Perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's my favourite ymas interview for you all - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0taC-K-QwaU

That shit never gets old.

Will update either tonight or tomorrow :)