Sequel: Take Your Breath Away
Status: Active- Updated as often as possible

Just A lonely Star

Chapter 8 - You keep me on the edge of my seat

I had 2 hours until Josh was coming to get me. That meant I had to shower, dry my hair, do my makeup, style my hair, get dressed and look presentable in only 120 minutes!

As soon as I got back to my house I ran upstairs to take a shower. I decided to dye my hair with he dye I had bought earlier. It took me a while but when I was done it looked great, just as I had hoped. I then washed my hair with Strawberry Shampoo and even shaving all my legs, you know it’s a special occasion when I shave my legs, when I was done I got out the shower and put on some music. I settled for some classic Fall Out Boy, as the intro to `Coffee’s For Closers’ started I immediately started dancing around. This song reminded me of a few summers ago, me and my friend, Sarah, travelled twelve hours from New York to Chicago to go see Fall Out Boy live in their hometown. The cost of petrol and fast food was insane but we had saved all year to go and it was our first ever road trip, it was worth it. I guess that was the last time I had ever felt really, genuinely, happy, until coming to London that is. It was before everything had gone wrong.

I don’t think I ever told you guys the real reason I came to England, did i? It started about two years ago, my Grandmother, who I had lived with my whole life, had passed away. And I was to move back in with my mum and her new husband. I had originally gone to live with my grandmother due to a messy divorce between my parents but had kinda just stayed there because I was happy there. But as soon as she died I moved back to New York City, into a penthouse apartment. Yeah, a penthouse apartment. Sounds great, huh? Well no, it wasn’t at all. You see the man my mother had married had been a very wealthy, high class man. He seemed nice at first but then I saw the effect he had on my mother. They drank a lot. And I mean a lot! They were forever leaving me home alone to go to the next biggest party or social event that every other rich person in the city was attending. It was when they got home after these events when the bad things would happen, I won’t go into detail, to protect my own dignity, but it turned nasty. I was neglected in a way, but in other ways I had everything I could ever want. Not to mention and almost unlimited supply of money. This is how I can afford my lifestyle, my spending sprees and last minute flights to London. But, I dotn want to dwell on the past at a time like this, I have a date to get ready for! And a hot date at that!

I dried my hair into loose curls, slicking it with some mouse to stop any frizz and make it look shinier and smoother. I was lucky to have such nice natural hair, I suppose. I then went to look at my new purchases. I needed a nice dress. I opted for a Black bodycon, pleated dress, it suggested glam but it was also kinda casual. It didn’t look like I was trying to hard but was kinda fancy too. I paired it with some studded black heels and my new skull ring and I was almost ready to go. For my makeup I ringed my eyes with thick black eyeliner, painted my lips with red lipstick and put a black nose stud in. I looked in the mirror one last time and I was ready to go.

I went downstairs and turned off my iPod, which was now playing for Paramore, and then the doorbell rang. It must be Josh.

Sure enough when I opened my door, there he was. This time he was now dressed smart too. With a plain black shirt and skinny tie with black skinny jeans and some black converse, he looked pretty fine. He had also tousled his hair so that it was all stood up; it was a bit Edward Cullen-esque but made him look divine and showed off those beautiful eyes.

“Is my lady ready for her date?” He smiled. So it was indeed a date.

“But of course” I said as he escorted me to his car. He even held my door open for me, what a sweetie!

We had been driving for 20 minutes when I finally broke our conversation and asked him,

“Josh, where are we going?”

“Ah, now that would be telling!”

“Aww!!! That’s no fair! At least give me a clue?” I begged, my voice reaching higher octaves than should be humanly possible

“Hmmm… put it this way, it’s a way of seeing London from a different point of view” he smiled as he said it mischievously.

“Well that’s a stupid clue” I pouted

“Oh, come on; put that lip back in place. You’ll find out soon enough”

I sat there in my seat moaning about where we were going, Josh was adamant not to tell me. We drove for another 30 minutes until he parked up in a car park, we were surrounded by sky scrapers so I guessed it was somewhere in central London.

“Can I know now?” I asked for the billionth time

“I actually need you to trust me now and put this on” he reached into his pocket and pulled out a black blindfold.

So he was playing games with me now.

“But it’ll smudge my makeup” I pouted

“You’ll still look beautiful” he smiled, looking straight into my eyes with that piercing gaze.

With that gaze, I surrendered and allowed him to put on the blindfold. I was lead around for about 10 minutes until we reached some steps, when we got to the top of the steps I heard other people talking to Josh. I couldn’t make out what they were saying as it was in whispers. We then walked forward a few more paces when Josh spoke to me again.

“You can take the blindfold off now.” He said quietly.

I proceeded to undo the ribbon eagerly, probably messing up my hair in the process, and then took it off. In front of me was a pod like room, with all glass walls, in the middle was a table for two all set out with two meals. It took me a few seconds to realise where we were, we were about to step onto a private carriage on the London Eye! This is what he meant by seeing London from a different point of view, we would be looking down on it from the Eye. It was perfect, with the night time city lights surrounding us and the Eye all lit up and reflecting off the water.

It was so romantic. Perfect for a quiet date with a beautiful man.

I turned to look at Josh, tears welling in my eyes.

“This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me” I said.

He inched closer to me and slowly pressed his lips against mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll update again tomorrow :)

So who has seen the new You Me At Six video for Bite My Tongue? What's your thoughts? Personally, i love it and think it's perfect for the song and to be honest i wouldnt mind having ymas tied up in a darkened room ;)

Ok, thats creepy...

I'm sorry the update took so long, i've been so busy! I went to Manchester last weekend to see The Blackout which was amazing and ever since, i've been busy with school work and catching up on sleep. I apologise!

Hope you enjoy this chapter:

Here is Mays outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=39328408

This is the best picture i could find to represent their date: http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02013/LondonEye2_2013114c.jpg

ENJOY GUYS!!! COMMENT/SUBSCRIBE AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS PLEASE!

Also, if you want my twitter send me a message :)