Status: Complete.

Coffee Break

Zack.

Thanks for dinner last night. I had an amazing time, I hope you did too? :) M x

I blushed slightly at Martin’s text, unable to stop the smile that spread over my lips. Last night I’d gone round to Martin and Alex’s apartment and cooked dinner for them, just a simple carbonara dish, Alex going straight over to Rian, Jack and Paul’s place to give us some alone time after. It wasn’t extravagant, it didn’t require much money being spent, but it was nice. It was really nice. Making out on the sofa with Martin after was just an added bonus.

We've seen each other quite a bit since our first date, 7 dates in total now, and although I don't know what's running through his mind, I'm loving it.

Our second date was at the cinema two days after our first date, where we were meant to be seeing a sappy love film that William recommended, but ended up just making out pretty much the whole time. Not that I was complaining.

Our third date was actually the next day, when an old friend of Martin’s (Pete something…Fence? No…it began with a W…never mind) said that his band were playing a gig in a venue near us, so Martin asked me to go with him. The band weren’t bad actually. Fall Over Girl, or something like that. And Martin looked incredibly sexy with all that sweat on him from jumping around.

Martin counted taking me to Kennedy’s birthday party the next evening, the 13th, as our fourth date, and because I’m pretty much a sucker for anything that Martin asks, I agreed. Just a small party, but it was nice to see Martin relax and just have some fun without having to worry what people think of him. The amount of rum he drank probably had something to do with it, but he was adorable nonetheless.

I took control of the fifth date, which was 3 days later, and I took him miniature golfing. Sounds pretty lame but Martin had never played before, so I had the excuse to wrap my arms around him from behind to show him how to putt the ball. Completely innocent, I swear.

Our sixth date was two days later, where we went out to dinner again, this time to a restaurant in Riverhead called Parto’s, which was one of the first places my dad ever took me and my brother when we moved here. I love Italian food, and it turns out that Martin did too, and it was just such a nice atmosphere that I couldn't even stop smiling when I got home.

And our seventh date was last night, when I cooked dinner for him and Alex. All the dates were just nice simple things that brought us closer together. And gave me an excuse to kiss him. When I freaked out on our first date, Martin’s birthday, I honestly thought he’d be scared away – but when he showed me that he cared, that he wasn’t going to abandon me, I knew I could trust him. Sure, it’ll be a slower process than what he’s probably used to, but if he likes me as much as he says he does, then he’ll wait, right?

I’m just glad my cooking doesn’t suck too bad! Yeah, I had a really great time too. 7 dates now – the next one is your turn. Z x

“Who are you texting?” my dad asked, appearing next to me.

I closed my cellphone and shoved it in my pocket. Shit.

“No-one,” I mumbled.

“Bullshit,” Sam scoffed, appearing at my other side.

Double shit.

“You’ve been smiling like a love sick school girl all morning, so don’t give us that crap,” my dad smirked.

I blushed slightly, but shook my head. If they knew just how much I care for Martin…fuck no.

“Alright, you leave us no choice,” Sam sighed.

Before I could make a run for it, my dad had pinned my arms behind my back and Sam had reached into my pocket, pulling out my phone. No fair!

“Assholes,” I scowled, throwing my dad’s arms off of me.

I tried to grab my phone back, but Sam just batted my hands away, scrolling through it. For fuck’s sake. Then an angry look passed over his face. What?

“You’re kidding me, right?” he asked incredulously.

“Give my phone back!” I demanded.

“He’s been texting Martin – dating Martin – I told that little shit to stay away from you!” Sam said angrily.

“And I told him to ignore you because you were being an arrogant twat! You have no say in who I date, Sam!” I retorted.

“So you are dating him?” my dad asked in a tone I couldn’t place.

I growled, snatching my phone back from my brother.

“We have been on dates, yes. I don’t know what’s going on, but I like it,” I said firmly.

“No,” Sam said, crossing him arms over his chest.

“Excuse me?” I spluttered.

“I said, no. I’m not seeing you go through hell again just because of some guy,” Sam said through gritted teeth.

“So you want me to be alone for the rest of my lift just because I’m gay? Is that what you’re saying?” I spat.

“No, that’s not what Sam’s saying, Zack, he’s just trying to look out for you,” my dad tried to reason.

“Fuck that bullshit! I’m 22 – I can look after myself! Martin makes me happy, happier than I have been in a long time – why can’t you just accept that?” I said angrily.

“Zack…”

I scowled and grabbed my leather jacket, storming out of the shop before my dad could continue talking. How dare they?! How fucking dare they?! Who are they to say who I should and shouldn’t date?!

I’m too angry to go home. I’ll probably just end up breaking something. And I’m too angry to go to the gym. I could injure myself if I carelessly work out. So where can I go to work off my anger?

I was brought out of my thoughts by the sound of my phone ringing. Martin. I groaned, but answered.

“This really isn’t a good time, Martin,” I muttered.

“Paul said he saw you storm out of your shop looking angry. Is everything okay?” Martin asked worriedly, ignoring what I said.

Paul works in the Sports store opposite me. Of course.

“No. I’m not. Can you meet me after work?” I asked.

“I don’t finish for another hour,” Martin reminded me.

“I don’t care, I just…I need to see you. I’ll wait,” I mumbled.

“Okay, sure. Um, where will you be?” Martin asked.

I looked in front of me. The local park. Huh. Maybe I can find a bench to sit down on or something.

“The park. I’ll be in there somewhere,” I told him.

“Alright. Zack, just…be careful okay? Please don’t do anything stupid,” Martin said softly.

I smiled weakly. It’s nice to know he’s so concerned.

“I won’t, I promise. See you later,” I replied.

I ended the call before he could say anymore. Let’s just hope I can get myself calm in an hour, yeah?
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued…

JessicStar
Safe.little.thoughts
AUPK380
Forever Young.
emmarulez
rebeccs13
kew_atl
flaws of a corpse.
Hammy23
pixie dusttt.
miss.sobriety
BeautifullyTattooed
crescendo.
Ace Lightning.
KshoOwh
Mikey Whiskey Hands.

xo

p.s. Go read and subscribe to Quicksand by Artistic Difference - you won't regret it!