Status: Complete.

Coffee Break

Zack.

Two weeks. Two amazing weeks of officially dating Martin. I’m still not really on the best of terms with my family right now, but making out on Martin’s bed an hour after he asked me to be his was completely worth it. He’s perfect. I can’t actually believe how amazing this short amount of time has been with him, but I do know that I don’t want it to end. I can’t remember the last time that I was this happy.

And it t took the whole two weeks for Martin’s friends to collectively realise that we actually were dating. Sure, William and Alex know because I kiss Martin every time I pick up my coffee order, and because I’ve stayed over at Martin and Alex’s apartment (just innocently, I swear), but none of their other friends have actually seen physical proof. All it took was Martin pressing me into the side of his car and kissing me, and them walking down to the 3rd level of the underground parking lot and seeing us, to realise that Martin wasn’t lying.

“HOLY SHIT! GUYS, COME AND LOOK! MARTIN WASN’T MAKING IT UP! HE’S REALLY WITH ZACK!”

I broke the kiss with a blush. Nice, Gabe. Really subtle. William and Alex laughed from where they were standing by William’s car, and Martin laughed too and took my hand in his, standing to the side of me as Jack, Tay, Kennedy, John Ohh, Kyle, Rian, Paul and Gabe all came running towards us. Of course, it makes perfect sense that they’d all be here at the same time. Total cliché. Martin laughed again at my disgruntled expression and pecked a kiss to my lips, earning another chorus of cheers and shouts form his friends. Fuck, I’d forgotten how loud they could be.

“So it is true!” Jack squealed.

“Martin really did snag you!” Kennedy teased.

“Who would’ve thought that after an entire year of pining, Martin would actually get the balls to ask you out?” John Ohh laughed.

“He already had the balls, he just didn’t know how to use them,” Paul snickered.

“Talking of balls, have you two fucked yet?” Kyle asked.

“Yeah, tells us the dirty details!” Rian taunted.

“Eww, I don’t want to know what they get up to,” William grimaced.

“It’s your loss, I think they’re hot together,” Tay grinned.

My eyes widened at the onslaught of talking, my body freezing up. So. Much. Noise! Martin noticed how uncomfortable I was and smiled, squeezing my hand gently.

“Yes, we’re together. I wasn’t lying. No we haven’t fucked. When we do, we certainly won’t be telling you guys. And thank you Tay, we do look hot,” Martin grinned.

Well at least he knows how to handle his friends. Fuck. That was insane.

“We’ll see how reluctant the two of you are to talk when I get you good and drunk at my birthday tonight, muñeca,” Gabe smirked.

Ah yes, Gabe was officially 26 today and insisted that I come to his party at his and William’s house tonight. I know a lot of their other friends will be there but as long as Martin’s by my side, I’ll be alright, right?

“I can hold my alcohol,” I said simply, raising an eyebrow in challenge.

A chorus of ‘oohs’ sounded, making me chuckle slightly.

“It is so on, querido,” Gabe said confidently.

Martin nudged me with his hip, letting me know that he was happy I was being nice to his friends. What? I’m not anti-social all the time. I can be a decent human being every once in a while. For Martin, at least.

“Hey, uh, Zack?” Tay asked hesitantly.

“Yeah, Tay?” I asked, smiling.

“Your dad and brother are over there and I think they want to talk to you,” Tay said, pointing behind me.

My smile immediately left my face as I turned to look. Sure enough, there stood Sam and my dad, looking nervous. Fuck. I should probably go and talk to them. Fuck.

“I’ll be right back,” I said softly, pecking Martin’s lips.

I squeezed Tay’s shoulder in thanks and pushed through the small crowd, walking over to the other end of the parking lot where my dad and brother were waiting by the elevators.

“Can I help you?” I asked, folding my arms over my chest when I finally reached them.

My dad nudged Sam, who rolled his eyes but sighed. Well this looks promising. Not.

“I’m sorry,” Sam muttered.

“Yeah, okay,” I scoffed.

“No, I am. I know I haven’t exactly been gracious about you and Martin, but I should never have acted the way I did. I only want to protect you,” Sam said softly.

“I’m 22 years old – I can protect myself,”

“It was only a year ago that I saw you unconscious in a hospital bed, Zack. That image will never leave my head. I thought I was going to lose you, and it was because of homophobic assholes. I can’t deal with you going through that again,” Sam said seriously.

A lump rose in my throat, but I shook my head. Things are different here.

“I have friends now, Sam, way more friends that I ever had down in Baltimore. They all look out for each other and they would look out for me. And Martin…he cares about me. He cares a lot more than Danny ever did, and he’s not scared to be with me. Can’t you understand that?” I asked.

Sam’s face softened slightly.

“Of course I can. I know you like the guy, I just…I don’t want to see you hurt,” Sam sighed.

“And I won’t be. Things are different here in Riverhead. I won’t make the same mistakes,” I said firmly.

Sam bit his bottom lip and looked over my shoulder, where I knew he was looking at Martin.

“You really do like him, huh?” Sam said softly.

“He’s my boyfriend now,” I admitted.

Both my dad’s and Sam’s eyebrows rose in shock, but then they smiled. They knew full well that I wouldn’t make anything official with anyone if I wasn’t serious.

“Tell him that if he doesn’t treat you right, I’ll hunt him down and make him regret ever setting eyes on you,” Sam said dangerously.

“Why don’t you tell him that in person? Invite Martin over for dinner some time this week, Zack. I think if the two of you are serious, it’s about time we met him properly too,” my dad suggested.

I paled slightly but nodded. That would be interesting.

“Sure, um, I’ll let him know. I’d better get going though – it’s Gabe’s birthday today and I’m going over Martin’s to hang out with him and Alex before we go out,” I said.

“Okay, we’ll see you tomorrow. Just don’t feel like you can’t hang out with Martin at our house, yeah? It’s weird not having you around all the time,” my dad said with a sad smile.

“Are you just saying that because Sam’s cooking should wear a hazard sign?” I teased.

“Well…that’s one part of it. But we miss you too, kid. We’re so used to having you around 24/7 that it’s strange to see that changing,” my dad mused.

“It’s a good change though. Martin makes you happy, that much is obvious. And don’t be ragging on my cooking – I like to be inventive,” Sam said defensively, although he was smiling.

If inventive means deluded, then sure.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” I smiled.

They both nodded and hugged me tightly, before leaving. I smiled a little more and headed back over to Martin, where everyone was still standing.

“That seemed to go okay? I mean, no-one was yelling,” Martin said hesitantly.

“Yeah, I think we worked everything out. My dad does want you to come over for dinner next week though,” I laughed.

Martin paled slightly, making everyone else laugh too. I pecked his lips to reassure him that he wasn’t going to get shot or poisoned, before taking his hands in mine.

“Back to yours?” I grinned.

Martin smirked and raised an eyebrow.

“Oh, nasty, I’m going round Rian’s,” Alex grimaced.

I just laughed and pecked Martin’s lips again. Yeah, this was how things were meant to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
So their friends know and Zack’s family has calmed down!
Happiness all round =]
The next few parts will be fun ones ^_^

In honour of the fact that I’m seeing All Time Low tomorrow (eeeeeehhh!), I’ve created a new story! It won’t be started until Waiting For Life To Begin finishes, which will take another couple of weeks, but I’m super excited because it’ll be a Jalex! I haven’t written one of those in ages so please check it out, and subscribe and comment to let me know what you think!

Thank you so much to everyone who commented on the last update =] I really appreciate your feedback! Please keep it up =]

heyJAYhey
miss.sobriety
emmarulez
Mikey Whiskey Hands.
flaws of a corpse.
forevermine
O.o?
kew_atl
BeautifullyTattooed
JessicStar
KshoOwh
rebeccs13
pixie dusttt.
Forever Young.

xo