Status: Complete.

Coffee Break

Martin.

Alex has been here a week so far. He seems to be settling in well, only really talking to William and I, but that’s okay. He’s an alright kid. Today the three of us are taking lunch together. One; because the shop isn’t busy. Two; because some of our friends decided to eat lunch in here. Three; because William is manager and he can do what he wants.

I got my usual (chicken, cheddar and bacon sandwich on white), William got his usual (cheese and coleslaw sandwich on brown) and Alex got what seemed to be becoming his usual (tuna salad with extra croutons. No wonder he’s so skinny), before we sat down in our usual booth in the back corner by the window.

“So some of your friends are coming in for lunch?” Alex asked, prodding the lettuce on his plate with a fork.

“Yeah, only 4 of them. We always make sure to know who’s coming in, so then we can get them staff discount and a staff order,” William shrugged.

“A staff order?” Alex frowned.

“If you write ‘staff’ on the order ticket, then it means it’s prioritised and that it’s actually done on a clean surface, not one that’s had other food on it too,” I mused.

“That’s disgusting,” Alex grimaced.

“That’s ‘Coffee Break’,” William giggled.

We started eating, just talking amongst ourselves, when the door swung open loudly. Here we go.

“Brace yourself, Bill’s boyfriend just walked in,” I warned Alex.

“Who?” Alex frowned.

Y’all can relax, Gabanti is in the building!

Alex winced at the loud yell, making me chuckle. Gabe never changes.

“I swear babe, one day you’re going to get me fired,” William mused.

“Like they’d ever fire a manager as hot as you, mi corazón,” Gabe winked, sliding into the booth next to William.

Gabe pressed a deep, unashamed kiss to William’s lips before breaking away with a smile. Then he noticed Alex and frowned.

“Who’s the new kid?” Gabe asked, cocking his head to the side.

“Alex Gaskarth. Fresh outta college,” William introduced.

“Hi,” Alex said shyly, waving a little.

Fuck, he’s shy.

“Gabe Saporta. I co-own the clothing store down the street with another guy Kennedy Brock. You’ll see him in here a lot,” Gabe smiled.

“Do you guys have a lot of friends that come in here then?” Alex asked curiously.

“Hell yeah we do!” William grinned.

“Don’t pee on the leather, Bilvy,” Gabe snickered.

William blushed a little, making us laugh.

“Other than Gabe and Kennedy, Kennedy’s boyfriend John Ohh comes in here a lot, along with their flatmate Kyle. John and Kyle work in the health store across the street,” I started.

“Next door to the health store is the hairdressers, where our best friend Jack is a chief hair stylist, along with a girl called Tay. They’re hopelessly in love with each other, but neither will admit it,” William mused.

“A little way down the street is a Sports store, where our other best friend Rian works, as well as a guy Martin used to date called Paul,” Gabe smirked.

“Isn’t that a little awkward for you?” Alex asked me.

“Nah, it was years ago and it was a mutual break-up. He wanted to date girls and I wanted to date different guys. We’re still good friends because we knew each other so long,” I shrugged, shaking my head.

Weirdest break-up ever, seeing as he’s fully straight now, but it seemed to work for us.

“Other than that, there’s a Gym down the road where two guys called Chizzy and Butcher work, and they come in here sometimes for early morning coffee,” Gabe shrugged.

“Chizzy and Butcher?” Alex frowned.

“Mmm. Chizzy’s real name is Michael Guy Chislett – he’s Australian and is so muscly he looks like he could wrestle a crocodile and win,” Gabe explained.

“And Butcher’s real name is Andy Mrotek. No-one knows why he calls himself Butcher, but it doesn’t help that he looks like he could snap a man in half with his bare hands,” William giggled.

“Coincidently they’re friends with Zack too,” Gabe grinned, wriggling his eyebrows at me.

“I don’t want to talk about him today,” I grumbled.

“He hasn’t come in for his lunch yet, has he?” Gabe teased.

I just gritted my teeth. I don’t like days when I don’t see Zack. Call me crazy, call me weird, but I can’t help it. He’s the only person that I’m genuinely happy to see. Don’t get me wrong, I love William to bits, and the new kid Alex isn’t bad to be around, but they just aren’t Zack.

“Sorry we took so long to get here. Someone wouldn’t stop flirting with Tay,”

I smiled up as our friends Rian, Jack and Paul sat down. It was Rian that had spoken, and Jack was blushing.

“Yeah, well, she’s nice. Shut up,” Jack mumbled.

“Alex, this is Rian, Jack and Paul. Guys, this is Alex, our new baby lion cub,” William introduced.

“New baby lion cub? Are you on something?” Rian teased.

“Because if you are, I want in,” Jack grinned.

“No, he’s not on anything,” Gabe defended, before looking at William just to check.

“You guys are so mean! I’m just trying to welcome Alex to the family,” William pouted.

We all groaned as Gabe kissed William’s pout away, resulting in a make-out session.

“Guys, really? We’re all sitting here,” Paul groaned.

“I don’t mind an audience,” Gabe shrugged, William giggling.

Rian leant over and punched Gabe hard in the arm, Gabe yelping and pulling away from his boyfriend.

“Welcome to this fucked up little family, Alex,” Rian chuckled.

I smiled as Alex started up a conversation with Rian and Paul, Jack and William talking enthusiastically about a new hairstyle Jack created while Gabe listened to them in adoration. What a fucked up little family indeed.

Then I saw something I wasn’t expecting. Zack walked through the doors, but he wasn’t alone. Behind him were his dad and another guy, slightly older than Zack. Shit, I didn’t put Zack’s order through! I thought he wasn’t coming in! Without thinking I got out of my chair and walked up to the kitchen hatch.

“I need the toasted cheese and ham on white, tuna salad on brown and bacon and brie baguette asap!” I hissed.

“Sure, Johnson, whatever,” the head cook shrugged.

I hate this place sometimes. Turning around, I was met with Zack standing behind me.

“You didn’t have to do that, y’know. You were on lunch,” Zack murmured.

“It’s okay. You were later than usual so I forgot,” I admitted.

“You noticed I was late?” Zack mused, raising an eyebrow.

I just blushed and nodded, making Zack laugh.

“I-I’ll make your coffees quickly, but you’ll have to wait for your food. I’m really sorry,” I mumbled.

“It’s okay Martin, really,” Zack reassured.

I forced a smile onto my lips and headed behind the coffee machine, quickly setting up the double shot americanos I’m so used to making every day. I didn’t dare to look up at Zack or the two men with him, too scared that I’d mess up and make even more of a fool of myself. When the coffees were done I handed them over to Zack, who in turn handed them to his companions.

“Is it okay if we wait here?” Zack asked, indicating where they were standing at the end of the counter.

“Yeah, it’s fine. I’m really sorry about not having your stuff ready for you,” I apologised again.

“It’s fine, Martin. We had a change of plans today anyway – don’t blame yourself,” Zack mused, shaking his head.

“If you say so. Um, I’m going to get back to my lunch now. See you tomorrow?” I asked hesitantly.

“See you tomorrow,” Zack nodded.

I smiled shyly and quickly walked back to my table, my cheeks flaring at their hushed laughter.

“My God, you really are wrapped around his little finger, huh?” Rian taunted.

“No, I’m not! I was just being polite!” I defended.

“It wouldn’t’ve killed him to wait like everyone else,” Paul mused.

“Yeah, well, I didn’t want any of the chefs to ‘accidentally’ spit in their food. I wouldn’t want that for Zack,” I frowned.

“What a shame you never talk to him about anything but the weather, his order and how you’re going to see him again tomorrow,” William grinned.

“I wouldn’t know what else to say,” I sighed.

“Who were those guys with him?” Alex piped in.

Fuck I love this kid right now.

“That’s Zack’s dad and I think Zack’s brother,” William said.

“Zack has a brother?” Jack frowned.

“I think so. They look alike and I’ve seen them walking to the gym together, so I’m assuming they are. Martin wouldn’t know that though,” William smirked.

“Why not? He’s spent long enough stalking him,” Gabe smirked too.

“Have not! I never even go near his shop because…”

I trailed off, blushing.

“Because…” Rian prompted.

“Because his dad is fucking scary, okay? I don’t want to be eaten and then spat back out,” I grumbled.

I scowled as my friends all burst into laughter around me, and ran my hand through my hair. Fuck my life.

“Order up!”

I looked up at the counter to see Zack being handed his food. He looked over his shoulder and smiled at me, nodding before he left the shop, leaving my life again until his half past 11 coffee order.

“Maybe you should try talking to him outside the coffee shop,” Gabe suggested.

“Maybe you should go and order your food before I kick your ass out the shop,” I muttered.

“Ooh touchy subject?” Gabe snickered.

I growled at him, so he got up, laughing again with Rian, Jack and Paul following him to the counter.

“One day, Marty,” William soothed, patting my hand.

Yeah fucking right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Martin :(
Take a chance!
At least you guys got to meet a few more characters =]
Zack's POV next =]

Thank you to everyone who commented on the last chapter! 66 subs? Amazing! Please let me know your feedback because I really appreciate it =]

JonnyCraig
Forever Young. (x2!)
kissandsell;
BOOM!roasted.
AUPK380
Karma Police (a little bit of Gabe for you!)
Hello Fascination.
JessicStar
Ace Lightning.
emmarulez

xo