Envy

Meet The Greens

If you wanted a snapshot of the picture perfect family, you might end up with a family portrait of the Green family. The Greens were a wealthy family, and if you stepped inside the household the energy seemed to flow in perfection. A handsome father, a gorgeous mother, and three daughters. Jennifer, Alexandria, and Mollie Green.

Jennifer, the oldest, seemed to have the perfect life. Along with the rest of the girls she had a loving mother, and father. She was athletic, beautiful, and popular. She wasn’t the kind of ‘bitchy’ and ‘mean’ popular, she earned hers through love and kindness. Everyone at West Thumberland Day adored her.

Alexandria was the middle aged of the three. She was fifteen years old, exactly one year younger than her sister Jennifer. She was incredibly bright, and pretty. But by no means was she as gorgeous as her two sisters. Alexandria was less popular than Jennifer, but still dated the jocks, an went to parties with the preps. Her life was nearly as great and Jennifer’s.

Then there was Mollie. Mollie was fourteen, a freshman at West Thumberland Day. Because her sister Jennifer was a legacy at the school, life wasn’t that hard for her. She studied hard and excelled at school, was the star of the volleyball team, and was gifted with beauty. Mollie was nearly a younger replica of Jennifer.

The Green family lived in Manhattan, and they were just as lively as the city. Mr. Green was a successful film director, and his wife was a retired model, and now a successful scouting agent. The townhouse in which they lived looked over a busy street, great for people watching, one of Mollie’s favorite things. She loved the idea of every person being an original, a one of a kind.

It bothered Mollie when people would compare her to Jennifer and Alexandria. After all, she was her own person. But she loved them both. They were not who she was but they were definitely her biggest role models.

Other than the information about the Green family in the gossip magazines, they weren’t all that different from any other family on the island of Manhattan. They went to church each sunday, they would sit down for dinner at six o’clock each night, and each Saturday night the family sat together to watch a movie.

But everyone knows that perfection is non-existent. You can pretend to be, and hide the tension. But when things become too tense, something has to give. The Greens have been hiding too long, and now their relationships are going to change. And they will never be the same.