Status: Finished!

Drain You

-four-

The next morning when Anna woke up and rolled over to see if Kurt was beside her and he wasn’t, she couldn’t help but be afraid that Kurdt had taken over again and left. She quickly got out of bed and pulled on one of Kurt’s rumpled t-shirts that had been tossed onto the floor.

She made her way slowly into the kitchen, listening intently to see if she could hear him moving around, and she couldn’t. As she passed the living room, she glanced in and smiled to herself when she saw Kurt sleeping on the couch, his favorite guitar lying haphazardly beside him. She walked in and gingerly moved the guitar and placed it gently on the floor. And then she perched on the edge of the couch beside Kurt’s sleeping form.

“Hey there, sleeping beauty,” she whispered, taking a stray strand of hair between her fingers and tucking it behind his ear.

“Hi,” he whispered hoarsely before his baby blues slid open and focused on her.

“What’re you doing out here?” she asked quietly, and he shrugged slightly.

“I couldn’t sleep. I was restless so I came out here so that I wouldn’t bother you,” he said nonchalantly, and she smiled at him.

“What?” he asked, and her smile widened.

“I was just thinking that it’s kind of funny that you, Mr. Hardcore Rock ‘n’ Roll Star are actually such a sweetheart,” she said, and he laughed.

“You think so?” he asked, and she nodded firmly.

“I know so,” she said, leaning down to kiss him.

When their lips parted, he unexpectedly pulled her down into a laying position beside him and held her there lightly. She cuddled into his side and they lay like that in silence for probably a good ten minutes, until the memories from the day/night before suddenly rushed back into her head and she became quite concerned for him all over again.

“Kurt, can I tell you a secret?” she asked in a whisper, positioning her head so that she could look into his eyes.

“Of course,” he murmured, looking at her intently.

“I’m scared,” she whispered in such a small voice that if Kurt hadn’t been directly in front of her, he probably wouldn’t have heard.

“Of what?” he asked quietly, and she could see the worry filling those beautiful eyes of his.

“The whole ‘nightmares and hallucinations thing’,” she explained simply, and he gave a single short nod.

“Oh. Don’t be scared for me. I’ll be just fine,” he said, trying to make his voice sound strong and confident.

“But what if you’re not? What if one of these times that you get stressed or whatever and K-u-r-d-t comes out, we can’t get you back? Then what?” she asked, her voice slowly rising with panic.

“That’s not going to happen, A. It’s not. I won’t let it,” Kurt said firmly, and even though Anna couldn’t be sure if she really believed him or not, she let the subject drop for the moment. Only because she knew that Krist and Dave were most likely going to come over later, and they were probably going to have just as many, if not more questions to ask Kurt than she did, and she didn’t want to put him through that twice in the same day.

“Everything’s going to be okay,” Kurt whispered in her ear, his breath tickling her neck.

“Are you sure?” she whispered back, and she felt him nod.

“I’m sure,” he replied with a note of conviction in his voice.

~~~~~


Later that day, just as Anna had predicted, Dave and Krist came over, and also just as she’d predicted, they had a million and one questions for Kurt.

“I guess the main thing we need to figure out is what exactly it is that makes K-u-r-d-t come out. If we know what makes him come out, then maybe you’ll be able to stop it from happening, Kurt,” Dave said about an hour and a half after they’d all started talking, and everyone else in the room nodded.

“Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that. But that’s the problem. I really have no clue what it is. I’m almost positive that it’s not something I’m consciously doing, and if it is, I have no clue how to figure it out. He said he didn’t know how it happened?” Kurt asked, and Anna shook her head.

“Yeah, he said that he wasn’t quite sure what it was either,” she said, and she could see that Kurt was growing frustrated.

“Damn it,” he mumbled, and Anna put a hand on his shoulder.

“We’re going to figure this out, Kurt. I don’t know how, but we’re going to figure it all out,” she said, wishing that her voice had more confidence in it.