You've Got a Face for a Smile, You Know

Part One

Selena grabbed her phone and checked for any messages from her boyfriend, Nick. She let out a sigh of disappointment as she set her phone back down on the table beside her. She had told Nick to call her today because she had big news to tell him about a new movie she was going to be in. It didn't surprise her, though. Nick had been acting distant towards her lately. She decided to call her best guy friend, Justin, to tell him the news.

"Hey, Sel!" Justin's cheerful voice answered, "What's up?"

Selena smiled. Justin always brought out the best in her. "Hey, JB!" she walked over to her bed and sat on the edge, "Guess what!"

He chuckled, "What?"

"I'm going to be one of the lead girls in a new movie called Monte Carlo!" She squealed as she fell back on her bed.

"Damn!" Justin grinned, "Wow, that's so awesome! Congratulations, girl!! What does Nick think about that?!"

Selena's smile faded away, "Oh...um...I haven't told him, yet..."

Justin could sense something was wrong, "Selly...what's wrong? Did something happen with you two?! Do you need me to come over?"

She bit her lip, "No...nothings wrong," She sighed, closing her eyes, "I told him to call me today, but he hasn't called yet....maybe he'll call later." She tried to convince herself that he would call, but she knew not to get her hopes.

"Oh," Justin replied with a disappointed tone, "He better call! I want him to hear your amazing news," He smiled a little. He secretly hated Nick because he didn't treat Selena right and he hated seeing her upset.

Selena felt a small smile creep back on her face, "Thanks, Justin. I love you, best friend!"

Justin felt a heavy lump form in the pit of his stomach. He hated being just her best friend. He wanted to be more. "I love you, too." He finally responded, "Listen, Sel, I gotta go. Kenny and I are going to go bowling or something. I'll text you later, bye!"

"Bye!" Selena hung up and tossed her phone on her bed. She loved the way Justin sounded when she told him her news. She wished Nick would be as happy as Justin was. She walked into the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After she finished her shower, she put a robe on then walked over to her phone and saw she had four missed calls from Nick. "Shit!" She yelled, as she checked her voicemail.

"Hey, Selena...you said to call and you're not answering...okay? Call me later, I guess. Bye." His annoyed voice brought tears to her eyes. She hated the way he had been acting lately. She finally dialed his number back in her phone and hit the send button.

After a few seconds, he answered, "Hello?"

"Hi..." Selena bit her lip.

"Oh," He said, "Hey, Selena. Why'd you want me to call?"

"Well," She walked into her closet, finding clothes to slip into, "I got one of the lead parts in this new movie called Monte Carlo!" She grinned.

There was a short pause then Nick finally said with a bored tone, "Oh, that's cool."

Selena felt a lump form in her throat, "Yeah..."

"Hey, I gotta go," Nick replied.

"Okay," She said with a hurt tone.

"Bye." He clicked the off button of his phone as Selena let tears fall down her cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was super bored and decided to write a Nelena/Jelena fanfic :)
more to come :D