Once Upon A Time...

Chapter One And Only

Once upon a time there was a girl, and she was the queen of the land, drama queen that is. She wasn’t exactly pretty but not exactly ugly either and she knew everybody in the land. She was wise for her age and didn’t like when bad things happened. Her, her brother, her sister and her mother lived in a small 3-bedroom house in a treacherous land called “suburbia” where all the houses were close together and everyone, who cared, knew everyone else’s business. The girl was a teen by most standards and had friends for miles though most of them didn’t count in her book. And the one thing, most of all, was that she loved her mother. She loved her with all her heart and might and she would have done anything for her. The girl felt like she owed her mother the world, after all for the first half of her life she wasn’t the best daughter in the world. The news that her mother was ill and could possibly die…soon… was heartbreaking and she wasn’t sure if she could go through it. She knew that if her mother died her soul would go along with it and she would suffer the rest of her days for the time she owed her mother. She would have done anything, sacrificed anything, and begged to anyone, for her mother to live a long and healthy, fruitful life. But life wasn’t fair and it looked like it planned to steal the girl’s mother away. So the young girl, filled to the brim with optimism and hope, vowed to pray every night and hope Jesus would answer her prayers, if not for her, a sinner, but for her mother. Her mother didn’t deserve to die. And the girl needed her mother! She knew other people had gone through the same but she couldn’t picture the next day without her mother. A lifetime would be unbearable full of pain and what-if`s. It was her fault from the beginning and she almost welcomed the pain she would suffer one day for her actions. She needed the comfort and words of her mother, she helped her with everything and she NEEDED her! So here she sits, typing these words, praying for help, hoping her mother would make it and crying her eyes out at the unfair situation laid out before her.
The End.