Immortal Hunters

Prologue

“Please don’t be scared. I swear I won’t hurt you.” His voice was sweet and calming.
But after what I’d seen a moment ago, I didn’t know whether to trust him or not. His eyes glowed red, his fangs glinted in the dim street lighting. The rain beaded on his black, glossy wings and ran to the tips of the feathers. His wet clothes were sticking to his finely muscled figure, and I hoped like hell that I wasn’t drooling. His hair was also flat, due to the rain that was currently soaking us.
“I… I don’t think I believe you.” I stuttered.
“Please, I’m not going to hurt you.”
“But… you just…”
He looked from side to side.
“Believe me, he wasn’t what you thought he was.”
I backed away slowly.
“Please, I won’t hurt you. And you’re bleeding.”
I looked down at my arm, and yeah, I had my fingers wrapped around a bullet wound on my bicep, and blood was seeping between them.
“I don’t know what to think.”
“Then don’t. Just come with me. I can help you.”
“You just killed someone, and you want me to go with you?!”
“He was going to kill me and you. Look, I know what you are too, and I want to help you. You can’t trust them.”
The immortal hunters are the ones he’s referring to. I had been dating an immortal hunter until about seven minutes ago. You see, immortal hunters are humans that devote their time towards hunting down and killing any underworld people. People like me, and the man standing before me. The man was, from what I could tell, half-vampire, half-demon. I, on the other hand, am a lycanthrope. And my boyfriend, Trent, hadn’t known that I was a lycanthrope. Or, I hadn’t thought he did. He obviously had, because he’d tried to kill me just now.
I gave in to the man.
“Fine. Please, just don’t eat me.”
He sighed, rolled his eyes, then took me in his arms and launched off the ground, sailing into the dark, night sky. The rain fell harder and faster, the closer we got to the clouds. I just settled into his grasp, and actually, slowly fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Welcome to my new story :3 Please enjoy, rate, comment ^^