Immortal Hunters

An Accidental Mess

*When we last left off...

“Blood.” Was the only word uttered from Kiro’s lips.
“Shit, GET AWAY FROM HIM!” Yu shrieked, diving for Ashlea, moving her out of Kiro’s way.
His pupils dilated, he bared his fangs, snarling, then dove and bit into the back of Yu’s neck.
“FUCK!”

“Oh God, I’m going, I’m going.” I squeaked, running for the basement.
I tripped on the stairs, twisting my ankle badly, but still managed to limp over to the cabinet, grab an antidote and limp back to the lounge area. When I returned, Kiro was being fought off by Strify, Yu was lying on the floor, writhing in pain, smoke rising from the back of his neck, Romeo had his wings fully extended (despite the pained expression on his face) to shield my friends from Kiro, and Shin… he’d been bitten too. Blood poured from fang marks on his upper arm. I limped over to Yu.
“Here, drink it.”
He took the small bottle in his shaking hands, and downed the liquid quickly.
“Now… get one…. For… Shin…” he managed to say between gasps of pain.
I got back up on my ankle then ran towards the stairs. Pain caused me to slip and tumble the rest of the way down the stairs. Tears came to my eyes as I stood and ran over to the cabinet a second time. I fell just before the cabinet, not being able to stand the pain of my ankle anymore, and cried harder as I listened to Shin’s cries of pain upstairs, and all the yelling. Soon, the cries of battle died down, but Shin’s screams of pain didn’t stop. Strify’s voice rang down the stairs and I heard him descending them carefully.
“It’s poisoning him, Raven, why haven’t you gotten an antidote? You went back down ages ago-” he stopped as he saw me crying on the floor.
“I…” he rushed past me, grabbing a bottle of antidote for Kiro’s bite, then handed it to me, “hold onto this.” And lifted me, then raced back up the stairs.
When we emerged from the basement, he ran over to Shin. Heavy smoke was emanating from where he’d been bitten. Kiro was also lying on the floor- temporarily unconscious. Strify placed me down beside Shin.
“Shin, drink this quickly.” I thrust the small bottle at him.
He gritted his teeth against the paid, then reached out an extremely shaky hand towards the bottle, and downed it quickly. Tears were still sliding down my cheeks.
“Raven, what happened?” Strify asked, kneeling beside me.
“I tripped on the stairs the first time I went down, and kept running on my ankle, which I think I twisted. Then I fell down the stairs the second time, and just couldn’t run anymore.” I sniffed.
Strify moved to my leg, rolling up the jeans and assessing my ankle. It was already swelling.
“Oww. Looks like it hurt.”
“It did.”
“Wow. So that thing with Kiro, does that happen often?” Ashlea looked traumatized.
“Err, occasionally.” Yu replied.
“Wow.”
“Are you girls okay?” I asked.
“Yes, thanks to Romeo. He protected us, even though his wing is broken.” Absinth smiled at Romeo, who was looking decidedly heroic.
I could see something forming there. There was a groaning, and I realised that Kiro was awake.
“Oh God, I feel so, so, so sick.”
“Crap. Blood rejection.” I moaned.
“He’s going to be hell bad. He was drinking from the both of them, Yu and Shin.” Strify groaned.
“I think I’m going to be sick.” Kiro propped himself up on one elbow, wrapping the other arm around his stomach.
“What’s going on?” Ashlea looked stunned now.
“Well, because he’s half-angel, his body rejects foreign blood, and it makes him sick.” I replied.
“Oh my God! He’s the half-angel, half-vampire!” Alexis cried.
“Oh, please don’t tell anyone. Things are bad enough for him as is.” Strify muttered.
“Don’t worry, we won’t tell a soul.” She replied quickly.
“Good.”
“Oh, errgh-” Kiro lurched.
“Would you like me to do what I did the other day?” I asked Strify.
“Yes, please, it’ll get this over and done with faster.”
Kiro’s shine was getting extremely bright, almost mistakeable as a human-sized light bulb. I crawled over and sat beside him, stroking his neck until the veins stood out, and then applied slight pressure to them. He gave a giant shudder, then spewed blood everywhere. I applied more pressure, and he coughed up more, blood mixed with saliva dripping off his fangs. Then veins didn’t go down though. It hinted that there was more blood, but he wasn’t coughing it up tonight.
“He’s not going to lose all of it tonight, Strify.” I sighed.
“Well, we’ll put him to bed, and someone’ll have to watch him overnight.”
“I’ll do it.” Ashlea volunteered instantly.
“Okay then. Saves me the work.” Strify decided.
So we got Kiro into bed, then Ashlea sat in his room, watching him intently.
“Well, you know what? I haven’t slept in what seems like forever, so I’m departing. You girls can do what you want, goodnight all.” I yawned.
Shin came running to my side.
“I’m not gonna fricken faint.” I glowered.
“I know…” he sighed.
But he helped me to my room anyway, then tucked me into bed.
“Goodnight Shin.” I yawned.
“Look, I know I’ve said it a million times, but I’m so sorry Raven. Please don’t run away…” he looked deep into my eyes.
I expanded my mind into his.
As much as it hurt him to do so, he was busy reminding himself that I didn’t love him, that I’d probably never return his feelings.
“I’m sorry too, Shin.”
“What, what have you got to be sorry for?”
“Because I don’t love you. You’re like my brother. I am so sorry.” I felt sadness well up in me.
“No, Raven, it’s… it’s okay.” He shook his head.
Shaking his head didn’t matter. I could see the tear rolling down his cheek anyway.
He hugged me close, then left my room.
“I’m sorry.” I murmured again.
Sleep actually grasped me this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
please, enjoy ^^