Immortal Hunters

Cross My Heart and Hope To Die.

*Shin’s P.O.V.*

I screamed into my mattress. I screamed until my lungs hurt. I screamed until I was crying, then I lay on my bed, in hysterics. I know it’s stupid, but I’m in love with Raven, and she loves that… that… that… leech. I pounded my fists into the mattress, wanting it to feel as much pain as I currently did. My heart had shattered the second she’d revealed it. And now I feel even worse for my reaction.

She cried into my arms, and I held her, my own tears wetting her hair. I managed to blink them away with some difficulty, but I knew she needed me more right now. We slid to the floor, and she continued to cry into my chest. Something big was eating her, I could tell. Finally, her tears slowed, then dried, and she lead me over to the leisure corner. We sat on the sofas, and she looked at me long and hard.
“Shin, there’s something I need to tell you. I can’t keep it from you any longer.”
“You’re a lesbian?” I joked.
She smiled and giggled, which made my heart soar.
“No, silly. I need you to promise you won’t do anything or say anything stupid that’ll make me regret telling you.”
“I promise. You know you can tell me anything.” I looked at her, hoping that the sincerity came through in my eyes.
“Seriously though, Shin. I need you to promise.”
“I’ll cross my heart.” I replied.
“Thanks. Well…”
Nothing, I repeat, nothing, could have prepared my ears for what they heard next.
“One of the reasons I don’t love you is because… Well, because I’m in love with someone else… Someone you know…”
“Is it Strify? Because I’m sure Alexis shottied him.”
“No-”
“Romeo? Absinth has him.”
“Well, no, not Romeo either.”
“Kiro? Because, well… he’s currently fucking Ashlea.”
“No, not Kiro either. Not one of the Manor Bizarre boys.”
“Oh?”
Someone I knew outside of Manor Bizarre? But, but… I only know four other boys outside of Manor Bizarre. Gustav Schäfer, Georg Listing, Tom and…
“Bill Kaulitz.”
“WHAT?!” I screeched.

Thinking over what I said, I realised there was something I now had to do. I went to my desk, ripping off my shirt and pulling open the stationery drawer, then fumbling around for the scissors with the silver blades. When I found them, I pressed their blade into my left pect, hoping for that to be the location of my heart, then dragged the scissors down steeply. My skin melted away at the touch of the silver blade, and blood dripped down my chest from the thin incision. I removed the blade just above my nipple, then judged about halfway up the line and cut across. More droplets of blood rained down my chest. Once it was completed, the skin on my chest began to burn.
“Shit.”
I had forgotten something; crosses burn shadow dwellers.
The skin on my chest was charring quickly. I knew the only way to fix it was to get rid of the cross, so I pressed the blade of the scissors to my pect once more, then dragged diagonal lines from corner to corner, making it an asterisk. The skin on my chest was crimson, blistering, charred at the edges of the cross, and the blood was beginning to run down my torso.
“I’m sorry, I broke my promise, so I crossed my heart.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yee-ouch!
Hope you enjoyed the chapter <3