Immortal Hunters

Hanging By A Thread

*Georg’s P.O.V.*

I was working quickly, trying to make sure that I had the antidote ready, when the sounds of battle broke out above me.
“Oh shit...”
Getting this to Raven had just become four times as hard.
Finally, I had the antidote, and I put it in a small vial, then slipped it into my pocket and proceeded to sneak out and upstairs. As I was rounding the corner that took me to Bill’s room, someone shot out of the darkness, tackling me to the ground. I rolled to the side, trying to make sure that the vial didn’t smash.
“You coward. Trying to escape the fight. Not even up at arms with you best friends, not covering them, not caring. You really are pathetic, Georg Listing.” Snarled a deep voice.
“Shin, please, I have something more important to my friends than a battle to get on with.”
A fist flew into my jaw, knocking it out of place. I suppressed a howl, and instead used my hand to readjust my jaw back into place.
“You’re just a coward. You don’t want to fight.” He punched my gut.
I groaned and curled up.
“Get up and fight!” Shin shrieked.
“I don’t have time for this.”
Raven’s life is hanging by a thread, and I have a psychotic werewolf trying to kill me. Great. Just bloody great.
He shrank back, having heard my thoughts. Damn, I hadn’t meant to think anything.
“R-Raven?” he whispered, falling back further.
“What?” I looked at him, confused.
“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HER?!” he screamed, flying forward and tackling me again.
This time, I fell on my pocket, crushing the vial. The liquid seeped out and left a small puddle on the floor.
“And that was the only way to save her…” I stared helplessly at the puddle, then glared up at Shin, “You’ve just killed her.”
The second those accusing words hit Shin’s ears, he stumbled back and howled, a loud, resigning, pained howl.
“Please kill me.” He close to melted to the floor.
“What? Why are you like this?” I shook my head, looking at him.
He didn’t even know Raven…
“You’re wrong, you know. She was living with us. Manor Bizarre. I love her.” His tears fell rapidly.
I felt totally taken aback. She had lied to us, telling us that she wasn’t with Manor Bizarre. But then, the more I thought about it, why would she have told us? And, then again, she wasn’t really with them… She hadn’t been there at the battle for the mansion, so she wasn’t the one to hate.
“Look, there might be a final way to save her. Might be.” I muttered.
Shin perked up, “What do we need to do?”
“Go get everyone else.”

*Bill’s P.O.V.*

I sunk my fangs into Kiro’s neck, hoping like hell that my venom would kill him, except I’m not sure if him having pure blood would just cancel out my venom and possibly even melt my fangs.
“Not gonna do anything to me, Kaulitz.” Kiro smashed his fist into my nose.
There was a crack, and blood began to drip from my nostrils.
“Fine then.”
Through my fangs, I backwashed my blood into his veins. This would at least make him sick.
“Guys! Stop!” called Shin and Georg together.
Since when are they on the same team?
Everyone paused in their battle, unsure of what was going on.
“We need your help.” Shin began.
“Why should we help you?” Tom asked.
“Raven’s life hangs in the balance.” Georg replied.
“What happened?!” I instantly straightened up, removing my fangs from Kiro’s neck.
“That isn’t important right now, okay Bill? We just need to get everyone up to her room.” Shin looked at me.
Everyone withdrew from their battle positions, and went upstairs, following Georg to my room.

She lay on the bed, looking as close to dead as ever. Her breaths were shallow, her writhing continuous.
“Raven.” Yu gasped.
“Oh hell…” Strify muttered.
“Rave…” Romeo sighed.
Kiro just groaned.
I was slowly beginning to regret having backwashed so much blood into his system. He was actually beginning to look ever so slightly… green…
“What’ve we got to do?” I asked.
“Bill, I need you to try and backwash her blood. If you can’t do that, we’ll need you to backwash yours… But you’ll have to suck out the venom first.” Georg instructed.
“So it’s Bill’s fault she’s like this?” Shin glared at me.
I dipped my head.
“She loved you, and all you can do is bleed her dry?! What kind of an animal are you?” his voice was coated in loathing.
“No, Shin, you don’t understand,” Tom butted in, “Bill didn’t bleed her dry on purpose. I took him out hunting because he was so upset about her having to leave constantly, and he tracked a human, but we don’t drink human blood, so I sent him after what I thought might’ve been a wolf or fox, but happened to be a Raven instead. We didn’t know it was her until she morphed back.”
The look of pure hatred didn’t leave Shin’s eyes, but he didn’t look like he wanted to rip my throat out anymore, either.
I walked over to Raven’s body, then turned her neck until I saw the puncture marks. I slid my teeth in, then found the feeding blood valve in my neck. It’s where all outsider blood is stored until it’s needed, and it’s also much like an oesophagus in that, if you squeeze it too hard, you gag, and all the stored blood comes rushing back up the valve and through your fangs. It’s a horrible feeling, but right now, it was essential.
I heard Romeo mutter something, then he leapt out my window and flew off.
Okay Raven, here goes nothing… Please let this work.
I hooked my thumb and forefinger around the valve, then squeezed it slowly from behind, until it had completely cut off, then I let it go quickly. I felt myself convulse and my stomach turned, but none of her blood came back through.
Time to try again…
I squeezed it until I had completely cut it off a second time, then let go quickly, and my eyes filled with tears as I convulsed and all her blood came rushing back through my fangs. As it slowed, I convulsed a second time, sending my blood rushing through my fangs and into her body as well.
Well… That wasn’t meant to happen…
I yanked my fangs out before I could convulse a third time, which I did, but instead of my fangs going haywire, this one was my stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you're enjoying ^^