Immortal Hunters

Waiting

*Tom’s P.O.V.*

I coughed, trying to remove the dust from my lungs. A heavy piece of wood was over my back, making it so I couldn’t move, and part of my arm was on fire, but I couldn’t move, couldn’t put it out. Pain course around my body, and ash stung my eyes. My ears were still ringing from the explosion, and when I blinked, white light flashed behind my eyelids. It was probably a miracle that I had survived the explosion, and I thanked my lucky stars- and the fact that being a vampire makes me slightly harder to kill- for still being alive. When the ringing in my ears died down, I called out.
“Yu?! Shin?! Romeo?!”
No response.
I had been standing on the windowsill, nearly in Yu’s arms, when the hotel had gone ka-boom. Shin and Romeo were halfway to the ground, so maybe they’d gotten out a little more alive than me.
“Yu?!” I cried again, desperate to see if he was okay.
Nothing.
Maybe he was unconscious? Maybe he was dead?
“Yu!” I called at the top of my lungs, which launched me into a coughing fit.
My lungs burned, and my throat felt like sandpaper, and when I opened my eyes as the coughing fit subsided, I could see specks of blood glinting in the rubble before me.
“Shit.”
I closed my eyes, and tried to breath calmly, but that involved breathing deeply, and my nose burned with hot ash and dust, and it threw me into yet another coughing fit.

*Raven’s P.O.V.*

I stared out the window at the burning horizon.
The explosion had gone off over an hour ago, yet the boys said that we should wait until later in the day to go back, in case the fire was still going, and there was a chance of more explosions.
We were all accounted for, with the exception of Tom, Yu, Romeo and Shin. I hoped like hell that they were still alive, but the glimmer of my hope that still resided was getting fainter and fainter as the minutes wore past, and no one reappeared.
“Raven…” Bill’s voice was soft behind me.
“They haven’t come back yet.” I replied, blinking for the first time in maybe ten minutes, but not actually removing my fixed gaze from the sky outside my window.
“No, they haven’t.” I felt his arms wrap around me from behind.
“What if they’re… What if…” I couldn’t finish the sentence.
“No, don’t think like that. We’ve gotta stay positive, Raven.”
“Bill,” I spun around to look him squarely in the face, “there was a fucking massive explosion. The hotel was on fire. They might’ve been inside. We haven’t seen them since the explosion occurred. Our friends, your brother, is probably dead, and you tell me that we have to stay positive?!”
“Raven, worrying never solved anything. Yeah, I know that there’s a fair chance that my brother went down in that explosion. Yeah, I know that your friends, my… allies… could also have gone down in there too, but dwelling on the fact that they aren’t home yet is just a waste of time if they do come back home.” His words were sharp, like he was shooting tiny daggers into my skin, each one biting in a little further than the last.
“I’m sorry.” I fell forward, into his arms, and burst into tears.
“Ssh, Raven, don’t cry.” He stroked my hair gently.
“I just want them to be alive. I’ve just made friends and everything, and now I’m losing it all!”
“Hey, hey, shush now. Not everyone’s gone.” He cooed in a soothing voice.
“Tom, Shin, Yu, Romeo… They’re all gone. Kiro was stolen too. We’re losing everyone…”
“Raven, hush. That isn’t true. You don’t know that Tom, Shin, Yu and Romeo are dead, and once this whole hotel mess has gone down, we’ll start looking for Kiro. Everything will be fine, I promise you.” Bill kissed the top of my head.
I pulled away, and looked into his eyes, saw that, they too, were glistening with tears, and spoke softly, but with a certain edge, “Bill, don’t make promises you can’t keep.”
“Rave-” he began, but I shrugged out of his grip and turned back to the window.
“Please Bill…” I sighed, re-fixing my eyes on the burning sky that was slowly lightening.
His footsteps receded, and my door shut quietly, then I allowed myself to break down completely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Are they gonna be okay??
Lol, comment/message me ^^