Immortal Hunters

An Explanation

*Kiro’s P.O.V.*

When I awoke, I began to wonder where I was, and how I had gotten here. Then my memories of the past… Who knows how long… Came back.
“Are you feeling any better?” came a voice.
I sat up and looked out the door. My captor still sat there, watching me.
“Did they tell you that you have to sit there and stare at me?” I raised an eyebrow.
“Umm… Well, no…” his face turned a light shade of pink.
“Wonderful…” I muttered to myself.
“Anyway, I was wondering, what’s your name, anyway? I’ve only ever heard you being referred to as ‘the half vampire half angel’.”
“They call me Kiro. What about yourself?” I asked, not really caring, but deciding that having at least one person to talk to was better than having no one to talk to at all.
“Darcy.” He replied.
“Suits you.” I nodded.
“Thanks. So, half angel, half vampire… How does that even work?” He gave me a confused look.
“Oh dear Lord…” I mumbled.
My existence is a curious one, but one that is hard to explain nonetheless.
“So?”
“Well, my mother was an angel, and my father was a vampire. They were in love, and didn’t care about their races. I was born.”
And that, my friends, is the making of Kiro, abridged version.
“Oh…” he replied, a defeated, ‘I should have known that’ tone to his voice.
“Yeah.”
“So… your parents? Where are they now?”
“Curious one, aren’t you?” I raised an eyebrow.
“Hey, it’s an honest question.” He put his hands up.
“Yeah, yeah…”
My parents are a slightly harder topic to touch on.
“Well?”
“My father… Died during sex. A pureblood vampire being touched by a pureblood angel? He was burnt horribly by her touch, and when he… Did what was necessary to get her pregnant… He was instantly incinerated by the higher power, as a Shadow Dweller doing that to a Light Being… It’s one of the highest crimes he could commit.”
Why oh why were my parents so desperate to have a child?
“Oh… Sorry to hear that.”
“Mmm…” I mumbled, playing with my fingers in distraction.
“Well… What about you r mother?” he pressed, despite my obvious reluctance to answer.
Does this guy never quit it with the questions?
“My mother… As she was a Light Being, the higher power couldn’t kill her. She raised me until I was fourteen, but after the death of my father, she struggled with severe depression. She… ended her own life on my fifteenth birthday.”
“Wow…”
“Yeah… I’m going to go back to sleep now. Do you mind?” I stared at him.
“Oh, no, not at all.” He nodded.
I rolled my eyes. I had intended that to mean piss off, but it was obviously being taken as may I sleep now?.
Regardless, I lay down again, facing the wall, and tried to remain silent as the tears began to stream down my cheeks.
I really do hate to remember how and why I’m an orphan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Kiro :'(
please comment/message me ^^
i love feedback <3