Immortal Hunters

Bloodlust

I busied myself putting away new clothes and other various items. I wondered where these guys got the money. It was like… spend as much as you like, cause we have the money to foot the bill. We had been out for ages, and it was nearing six now. I was almost scared about dinner, because of the attacks. Would anyone break tonight?
“Ravenn.” Came a voice.
“Yes Shinn?” I replied, recognising this person.
He opened my door.
“I can see. Raven, I can see. I don’t know how. Wait… blurry… fuck. Never mind.”
“How long did you have your sight under control for?”
“At least three minutes…”
“Nice work! Keep practising!”
“Thanks.” He smiled absently.
“How’s your hand?” I looked over at him.
“Sore, to be honest.”
“I can imagine. What’s for dinner?”
“Hmm, I think it’s Yu’s turn to cook. Probably steak and something of the like, I’d imagine.”
“Is everyone going to be okay eating that?”
“I don’t know… Like I said, we’re all expecting Kiro to lose it soon.”
“Joy.”
“Ahem…”
“Oh fun.”
“AHEM!”
“Sounds like a lot of fun if you ask me.” I stuck out my tongue.
“Better.”
“Ahem.”
“That’s better.”
“AHEM!”
“Your use of one syllable responses needs to be worked on.”
“And so does yours.” I teased.
“That’s what I’ve got you around for.”
“Naw, you only have me around to help you regain your sight.”
“Well, yeah… that too.”
I laughed. He began to help me put away my new belongings, and soon, we were done.
“So, what you wanna do now?”
“Could we please have another go at my eyes? I really want to be able to see again.”
I agreed, so we sat on my bed (which had new red, black and purple sheets!).
“Okay, remember what I told you this morning. Focus the back of your eyes first.”
He looked at me, trying to fix his eyes. After a few minutes, he had it. And it was longer before the focus dropped.
“I can almost see again!” he squealed.
So excitable. How cute!
“Try again?”
“Yes.”
We continued on like this for a while, Shin practicing his sight, until Kiro entered the room.
“Raven, Shin, it’s dinner time!”
“We’re coming.” Shin grinned.
We both got off my bed and followed Kiro into the basement. Candles had been lit everywhere, causing a dim glow, except for the white light coming off Kiro.
“Here, since you’re the least likely to react to anything, Raven, can you stand in front of the potions cupboard?” Romeo asked me nicely.
“Sure thing. So, they’re all labelled, named with the person whose bite you need to cure?” I asked to be sure.
“Yeah. And the potions are to be drunk as well, okay?”
“Yep.”
The dinner began well, everyone sitting as far away from everyone else as possible. Then, as Shin predicted, someone lost it. Personally, I blame it on the food. Steak. It was cooked so that you could still taste the blood inside. Tasted really good in my opinion, and kudos to Yu for the excellent cooking, but… it wasn’t the best meal for tonight. Kiro snapped his head up. The pupils in his eyes had fully dilated, engulfing the irises. His plate clattered to the floor as he stood.
“Raven, get ready!” Romeo called.
I put my hand on the knob for the cupboard. Kiro began to stalk towards Yu, licking his lips.
“Shit. Why me?” Yu began to crack his knuckles.
They were all so calm, yet my heart pounded like a drum. Kiro snarled as he locked his fangs into Yu’s arm. I could see the veins in the sides of his neck swelling as he began to drink Yu’s blood.
“Holy crap, he’s gonna be so sick.” Shin observed, wide-eyed.
“Kiro, get OFF!” Yu smacked his fist into the side of Kiro’s face, ripping the teeth from his arm.
Blood went everywhere, running down Yu’s arm, and all over Kiro’s face. Kiro growled, and tried to bite into Yu again, who blew another punch into Kiro’s face. I flung open the cupboard, searching for bottles marked ‘Kiro’. As soon as I saw one, I tightened my hand around it and spun around. Yu had fallen back to the floor, cursing under his breath, and Romeo had taken on Kiro.
“Kiro, come back! This isn’t you! Kiro!”
I ran over to Yu, getting him to drink the antidote. He did so wilfully, shuddering slightly at the taste. He closed his eyes, gritting his teeth against the pain. Some smoke began to rise from the bite marks on his arm, and I could tell that it was burning him.
“KIRO!” Romeo screamed, pushing Kiro’s small body into the floor.
The fighting continued for at least another ten minutes. Finally, Kiro lay still, and his pupils slowly retracted, once again showing off their beautiful emerald-green irises. Then he began to shine brighter.
“Crap, he’s reacting to the blood now.” Romeo moaned.
“Get him upstairs.” Strify demanded.
“Will Yu be okay?” I asked.
“Yeah, give him a moment or two. It’ll go away soon.”
We all went upstairs.
“I did it again, didn’t I?” Kiro moaned, as we lay him on one of the couches.
“Yeah. I blame Yu’s cooking, to be honest.” Shin replied.
Minutes later, Yu came back upstairs.
“I am going to bed. Sorry, but my arm hurts.” He looked at us all.
“No, that’s fine. Night.” Romeo nodded.
Yu disappeared into the hallway.
“Will he be allright?”
“Yeah, the antidote takes care of the venom. He’ll just need to sleep off the pain.” Strify explained.
“Ah… What about Kiro?”
“I feel sick…” Kiro moaned, eyes closed.
“Wanna take care of him?” Romeo asked.
“I’ll help her out. You two can do whatever.” Strify offered.
“My vision. I’m sorry, but I’m really not any help anyway.” Shin walked towards the hallway.
“I’ll get to cleaning the basement.” Romeo headed back towards the staircase.
“Now we wait…” Strify nodded.
We sat on another couch and began to talk, whilst Kiro lay with his eyes closed, moaning about feeling sick.
“How long will he be like this?” I asked eventually, tiring of his complaints.
“He just shines brighter and brighter. He’ll eventually heave up any blood in his system.”
“That really doesn’t answer my question.”
“Yes it did.”
“Oh, you don’t know…”
“Yeah, pretty much.”
I watched Kiro. True, he did begin to shine brighter and brighter. He went from lying still to wrapping his arms around his stomach, then finally…
“Oh, I’m gonna be sick.” He picked himself up off the couch, and began to sprint to the hallway, arms still crossed over his stomach, when he stopped, bent over slightly and vomited blood onto the floor.
Strify ran over to him, then put an arm around his shoulders, and rubbed Kiro’s back with his other hand.
“It’s okay. Don’t bother trying to not be sick. You’ll be okay.”
Kiro had moved a hand over his mouth. He shuddered, then lurched forward, blood dripping off his fangs.
“I feel so sick…” he murmured.
“It’s okay. You’ll feel better soon.” Strify continued to rub his back.
“Oi, Strify, why don’t you take him to the bathroom?” I suggested.
“Because, I don’t want to set anything or anyone off up there. We can clean this up easily, and I don’t think Kiro would move even if we asked him to.”
Kiro coughed, more blood spattering the floor.
“I feel so sick…” he moaned.
“It’s okay. Don’t try to hold the blood down, you know it won’t work, and you know you’ll only feel worse.”
“But this is fricken embarrassing…”
“Believe me, you’ll feel a ton better.”
Kiro gave a distraught sigh. I could tell that, as much as he wanted to be sick, he wanted even more to keep his dignity. Then I had an idea. If the only way to make him better, was for him to get sick, and he wasn’t going to do it himself, then I was going to help. I walked over to them, carefully manoeuvring around the pool of blood at Kiro’s feet, then began to stroke his neck. He shuddered a few times, and I could see the slightly swollen veins in his neck, where the contaminated blood would be. I pressed on them slightly, and he threw up more blood, then collapsed back into Strify’s arms.
“He should be okayish soon. Thanks for that, how’d you think of doing that?”
“I… I don’t know.” I admitted.
“Well, it worked. You can carry him to his room and all, and I’ll get started on cleaning Yu’s blood.”
“Okay…” I took Kiro from Strify and carried him back to his room.
He was pretty light. When I returned, I helped Strify with cleaning the last of the blood off the floor, and then hugged him goodnight and retired to my room
♠ ♠ ♠
please, feedback me?
<3 hope you're enjoying