Immortal Hunters

Dinnertime From Hell

We all stood around in the basement. Strify had cooked for us tonight. I was, again, positioned in front of the cabinet full of healing potions, should anything go wrong.
“This tastes amazingly good.” I commented.
“Why, thank you.” Strify smiled.
“Guys…” Yu muttered.
“Yes?” most of us answered in unison.
“Guys, look at Romeo.”
There was a definite note of urgency in his voice.
As I looked, I noticed that Romeo was more pale than usual.
“Is him being this pale a bad sign?” I asked warily.
“Yeah. It is.” Romeo replied, looking at his arms.
“Oh God.” I sighed.
“Well, if I’m careful, I can just eat, then go out for blood…” he began to suggest.
“No, you know that we’ll never recover from needing blood if we constantly try to get it. Would God want you doing that?” Yu cut him off.
“No, he wouldn’t.” Romeo said, more to himself than to anyone else.
“Exactly.” Yu nodded.
We continued on our eating, but obviously, these attacks aren’t voluntary. It was a couple of minutes after Romeo had finished his food. Wings erupted from his back, tearing his shirt, and he dove at Strify.
“Fuck! Romeo, get off!” Strify cried.
Romeo locked his fangs on, and he locked ‘em in hard.
“OW!!!” Strify screeched.
At that moment, everyone, except for me, as I was searching for an antidote to Romeo’s bites, tackled Romeo, trying to haul him off Strify. They succeeded, then sat on his wings, pinning him to the ground. I rushed to Strify’s side with a small vial. He was twisting and turning, writhing in pain. Tears were leaking from the corners of his eyes. Demon venom is known to be the most painful, and most lethal of all.
“Strify, stop.” I tried to hold him still.
“It hurts, God, it hurts. Make it go away, make it go away.” He groaned, still crying.
“Strify, I can help. Just hold still.”
“No! It hurts too much, Raven!”
“Strify, please.”
“Gggaaahhhh… Aaaarrrggghhhh!” he began to make groaning noises.
“Hell, Strify, hold still. Stop! Let me help!” I screamed at him.
He tried to hold still, but the shaking continued. I put the edge of the vial on his lip, and he opened his quivering lips. He drank as I poured the antidote down his throat, then coughed and spluttered at the taste. After I stepped back, the writing continued. I felt so sorry for him. There was a sickening ’crack’, and Romeo let out a howl of pain.
“Shit!” Yu jumped off Romeo’s wing.
“Oh God, what the fuck did you do?” Kiro stared at him.
Romeo stopped moving slowly, but his wings didn’t retract back into his spine.
“I… I think…” Yu stammered.
Romeo’s breathing slowed, then quickened again.
“FUCK!” he was sounding a little more like himself.
“What?” I looked at them all.
“My fucking wing’s fucking broken!!!”Romeo screamed.
I grimaced. That gotta hurt. So I decided to do everyone a favour and begin cleaning up in here. They could deal with the broken winged Romeo. I got all the dishes, then headed back upstairs. I yawned myself to death as I washed them, and went to bed straight after. Despite my lack of energy, I was kept awake, not falling asleep for at least an hour.
♠ ♠ ♠
please give me feedback? :3
<3