Status: Active.

Someone Like You

Two.

Before, I never understood how much it hurt to lose someone you loved to another person. Now that I know, I really wished I could go back to not knowing. Things would be much simpler.

When ember and I were first together, we were inseparable. Ever time you saw one of us, you saw the other as well. Everything was perfect. Too perfect, I guess. She broke it off on our sixth month anniversary. Her excuse was that she'd rather be friends so she was guaranteed to never lose me. it was the stupidest excuse I had ever heard. I never said anything, though, because I wanted her to be happy. Then she met Brian. They spent even more time together than her and I did, which I didn't think was possible.

I had lost my best friend.

Funny thing about that was that she said she broke up with me so we would never lose each other.

Her mind worked in mysterious ways.

After graduation, my feelings for her were subsided, until I saw her again the day before. it was a rush of everything I had ever felt for her coming back to me all at once. At the moment, seeing her as the greatest thing in the world, until I heard the word "engaged." it ripped my heard in two.

Now, sitting at home, all I could do was think about her and that word. After everything she put me threw, I never knew her name and that world would ever be in a sentence together.

It ran through my mind over and over.

The sound of my doorbell ringing filled my ears as I searched through the telly to find something interesting to watch. I looked at the time, wondering who it could be since the guys weren't expected for another three hours.
I peeled myself off the couch as the doorbell rand loud again.

"I'm comin'!" I yelled, making me way to the door as the doorbell kept blaring through the house. I swung the door open.

"God, what the fu-" I stopped, seeing the person outside the door. it was raining yet again and her hair was soaked, along with her clothes. Her face was clear of any make-up, which she knew I liked. two suit cases and a duffel bag sat by her feet as she stared up at me.

"Ember, what are yeh doin' here?" I asked, staring at her blankly. Her face flushed pink as she moved her soaked hair behind her ear.

"I, uh, called off the weddin'. Yeh..... yeh were right. He's not who I want. yeh are. And yeh were also right about meh bein' scared. I am, Scared shitless. But I love yeh. I realleh do, despite what I said the other day. It were all a lie. I want yeh, forever, no matter what, Lee. And I'm sorreh I didn't realize this sooner." She sucked in a deep breath, staring at me, waiting for my answer. I pulled her close, kissing her deeply.

"Welcome home, love."
♠ ♠ ♠
Fin.
I'm angry because this dumb bitch stole my idea of baking cupcakes for school, so cheer me up with comments.