My Days Are Numbered

Letter number 11

Jordan:

Jordan stared at his phone, trying to think of what to say. He had typed something then erased it multiple times. Finally, he decided on what to say.

To:
Olivia Tanner
Message:
Hi Liv, hope you’re coming tonight.


Short and simple. He waited until his phone flashed “Sent” with a little check mark. Jordan then slipped his phone onto the counter and headed to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the benefit tonight.

Olivia:

“Ollie, you’re phone is vibrating.” Eric called from the couch. Olivia was paying the delivery man for the Chinese take-out they decided to order. He glanced to her phone and saw his brother’s name pop up. Peaking around the corner, Eric wanted to make sure Olivia wasn’t coming before he checked the text.

“Eric!” Olivia scolded when she saw him with her phone.

“What’s going on tonight?” He asked.

“Nothing…”

“Olivia…” Eric stood up. “Tell me.”

“The Penguins have this huge benefit thing tonight with all sorts of celebrities coming and Jor…he left a ticket for me at will call.” Olivia avoided saying his name.

“When?”

“In like an hour? I don’t know.” Olivia shrugged.

“We’re going. Go find a dress.” Eric instructed.

“What?! Eric! No we’re not! I have no dress, we have no time!”

Eric pushed Olivia towards her room, “We are too going, we do have time, and we will find you a dress.”

“Eric!” Olivia protested.

“Here! Wear this!” Eric held up the dress.

“I don’t understand why you’re making me go!” Olivia grabbed the dress from him as she whined like a five year old. Secretly, she was scared. She wasn’t sure what she’d do if she had to see Jordan face to face.

“Just go change and do your make-up.” Eric shooed her into the bathroom. Olivia tried to take as long as possible, but knowing Eric would make her go even if they were late she made sure she looked perfect…or at least close to it. Finally, with 10 minutes to get to Consol Olivia was ready. “Took you long enough! Let’s go!”

Eric drove like a crazy person. He wanted Olivia to see Jordan. He was somewhat hoping that if she just looked into Jordan’s eyes, she would forgive him. A different part of him thought that his plan was crazy. What Jordan did to her was terrible. She couldn’t just look into his eyes and forgive him. With a little convincing, Eric bought his way into the gala. By the time they got inside, they had already started that evening’s events.

“First off, the Penguins would like to thank everyone here tonight supporting the local children’s hospital. And without making you all wait any longer, I welcome the beautiful Ms. Taylor Swift.” Some man associated with the Penguins announced the first performer.

“Hi everbody! It’s wonderful to be here for such an amazing cause.” The cheerful blonde greeted. “I originally planned to play my new single ‘Ours’ for you all tonight, but someone stopped me a little while ago and asked me to sing a different song. This song is very special to me and it’s very special to him as well, because we both messed up. But unlike me, he might have a chance of fixing things. Olivia Tanner, if you are out there tonight, this song is for you. Jordan knows he messed up and he wishes he could go back to December.”

Jordan:

He had spotted Olivia just in time to see her reaction when Taylor had announced this song was for her. Her eyes never left the country star. She stood there in awe as Eric supported her with a hand on her back.

” I'm so glad you made time to see me.
How's life? Tell me how's your family.
I haven't seen them in a while.
You've been good, busier than ever,
We small talk, work and the weather,
Your guard is up and I know why.
Because the last time you saw me
Is still burned in the back of your mind.
You gave me roses and I left them there to die.

So this is me swallowing my pride,
Standing in front of you saying, "I'm sorry for that night,"
And I go back to December all the time.
It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you.
Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine.
I'd go back to December, turn around and make it all right.
I go back to December all the time.

These days I haven't been sleeping,
Staying up, playing back myself leavin'.
When your birthday passed and I didn't call.
And I think about summer, all the beautiful times,
I watched you laughing from the passenger side.
Realized that I loved you in the fall.

And then the cold came, the dark days when fear crept into my mind
You gave me all your love and all I gave you was "Goodbye".

So this is me swallowing my pride
Standing in front of you saying, "I'm sorry for that night."
And I go back to December all the time.
It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you,
Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine.
I'd go back to December, turn around and change my own mind
I go back to December all the time.

I miss your tanned skin, your sweet smile,
So good to me, so right
And how you held me in your arms that September night --
The first time you ever saw me cry.

Maybe this is wishful thinking,
Probably mindless dreaming,
But if we loved again, I swear I'd love you right.

I'd go back in time and change it but I can't.
So if the chain is on your door I understand.

But this is me swallowing my pride
Standing in front of you saying, "I'm sorry for that night."
And I go back to December...
It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you,
Wishing I'd realize what I had when you were mine.
I'd go back to December, turn around and make it all right.
I'd go back to December, turn around and change my own mind

I go back to December all the time.
All the time.”


By the end of the song, Taylor was able to figure out who Olivia was. She walked off the stage and straight to her.

“You’re Olivia.” Taylor stated.

“That’s me.” Olivia smiled shyly.

“I’m Jordan’s older brother, Eric.” He extended his large hand.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Taylor.” She smiled then turned back to Olivia. “I just want you to know how lucky you are to have someone like Jordan. He may have messed up, but he wants to fix it. Trust me, I’ve been in his shoes and it takes a lot of guts to stand in front of someone you care about so much and apologize for your mistakes. Especially when your mistakes hurt that other person very much.”

“Thank you Taylor, I am such a huge fan.” Olivia smiled for a little while before it faded. “I would want nothing more than to forgive him and run back into his arms, but I just can’t do it.”

“Just think about it, Olivia.” Taylor pulled Olivia in for a hug then walked away.

“Uhm, Olivia, not sure if you realized this but…that was Taylor freaking Swift.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for my absence readers.

My computer had a virus and I had to get it reset...so everything I had was gone. I had no backup external hardware. I've also been planning my trip to see One Direction in concert as well.

I am back and ready to rock :)

Peace. Love. Hockey.