Status: The last one of the Night Trilogy, I swear! :D

P.S I'm Dying,

James Was Right,

Elijah Worthington IV

“What’re you doing here?” James asks as he awakes and sees me lying in bed in my pajamas. He’s lying on his mattress in only his boxers, so he does me the decency of slipping under the covers.

I get up, grab the comb, and start brushing through my tangled hair, “I slept here”

“Lemme guess, you and your fiancée had another one of your stupid fights?” James says sarcastically.

I give a snort, “Didn’t you hear? She’s my ex-fiancée now. She’s on her way to the airport at this very moment”

His jaw drops and he actually sits up straight, horrified he asks “What did you do?”

I roll my eyes, “Nothing. Father just decided to cancel the engagement since neither of us wanted to marry each other”

James throws me a pillow and I dodge it angrily, “What the hell, man?”

“You’re so stupid!” he exclaims getting up, apparently not caring that he’s nearly naked in front of another bloke.

“How so?” I humor him.

“God! That girl is in love with you and you keep treating her like—like a vase!”

I stare at him wondering if I should laugh or check under his bed for weed, “A vase?”

“Yes a vase!” he stomps around me angrily, “BLIMEY, ELI! I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU ARE JUST STANDING HERE WHILE THE BEST THING THAT’S EVER HAPPENED TO YOU IS FLYING AWAY?!”

I step away from him as he yells and practically spits at me, “She is not the best thing that’s ever happened to me, and why do you even care?”

He glares at me, “Because she’s my best friend” then his shoulders slump and he looks at me sadly, “But fine, if you’re not smart enough to realize how amazing that girl is, then you don’t deserve her, mate”

James takes one last look at me, shakes his head in disappointment, and exits the room in only his boxers.

I put the comb down, walk out of my room, and go to hers. It’s completely empty and void of anything to remind me of her. I take a deep breath and sit on the bed. That’s when something stabs my rear. “Ouch” I groan and stand up quickly. I pull back the seemingly-perfect covers and to my great amazement find Kat’s necklace.

For a second I wonder if she forgot it here. But she’d never take it off; she said her mother gave it to her. This necklace means the world to her. Why would she—?

“... if the place means a lot to me, I leave behind something special, like a bracelet, or something... so I can feel like the certain place will always have piece of me, no matter if I come back or not...”

I stare at the necklace as I run my fingers over its coolness, and all at once I’m running, as fast I can, to stop her from letting me make the biggest mistake of my life.