Please Don't Forget Me

Chapter 3

“Where the fuck is Zack?” Jimmy Sullivan, who was now the band’s drummer, asked one day. The still unnamed band was supposed to be having practice today at Matt’s parent’s house but Zack hadn’t shown up yet, just like every other time practice was being held.

“I told him that there was practice today and he said that he would be here.” Matt Wendt, the band’s bass player and one of Zack’s good friends announced.

Since the band now had all of the members, Zack’s absences had been causing tension between the members, which was not a good thing, this early on in the band’s life.

“Fuck! If we aren’t going to do anything then I’m outta here,” Jimmy stood up from his drum kit and was about to leave but stopped when he saw a car pull up the drive way.

“About fucking time!” Matt yelled when he spotted the left-handed guitarist step out of his car.

“Sorry guys, I got called into Anderson’s office for supposedly stealing microphones. The fucking cops were there and everything!” Zack grabbed his guitar from the backseat and began setting up for practice.

Two hours later the band had made some progress on a few songs that they had been writing. The band already had one completed song called Streets that was written for Matt’s old band Successful Failure. Now they were working on some original pieces that would hopefully get them recognized.

Zack took off his guitar, “Hey guys lets take a break for a little bit. All this writing is making me fucking hungry.”

The rest of the guys agreed and they all followed Matt inside his house. They were all sitting in the living room when Harlow walked inside.

“Hey guys! How’s practice going?” She asked the group, taking a seat next to Jimmy on the couch.

“Things are going fine however they could be better if someone would show up whenever there’s practice.” Matt said looking directly at Zack.

“Fuck you! It’s not my fault that I am practically in two bands plus I have a job unlike you assholes,” the green-eyed guitarist mumbled.

“Ok enough of the band drama,” she changed the subject. “Do you guys even have a name yet?”

“Well… We haven’t really gotten to discuss names yet.” Zack mentioned.

A look of confusion adorned Harlow face. “Shouldn’t a band name have been the main priority at your first practice?” She glanced over at her cousin and saw that he was thinking about something.

“Harlow has a point,” Matt sat up from his slouching position. “I say we have a little homework tonight. Everyone has to come up with a list of band names and bring them to school tomorrow. We will pick from the lists during break.”

Matt’s suggestion was met with a chorus of disapproval from his band mates.

“Come on guys he has a point.” Harlow tried to reason with the stubborn boys. “It’s not like a real homework assignment. All you have to do is come up with a few names. It’s not that hard….”

“It’s settled then. Practice for today is now over so we can do our homework.” Matt got off the couch and began to go back to the garage. The rest of the band began to follow but Zack stayed behind. He wanted to talk to Harlow for a little bit before leaving.

“I have a feeling that’s the only homework Matt is ever going to do and it’s not even for school!” Harlow joked. Matt was known for being less then enthusiastic about school.

Zack took this opportunity to take the seat next to Harlow that Jimmy had just abandoned. “I know. I’d be surprised if he is the only one who actually does his list!”

Harlow laughed at what Zack said. She hadn’t got a good look at him since after she helped him clean up after his fight and it made her happy to see that he was all healed up. “ See your face healed up nicely,” she told him.

That made Zack smile. In order for her to say that she would have taken a good look at his face and that made him happy. He didn’t know what is was, but every time he was around her he wanted to know more about Matt’s cousin.

After a few more minutes of small chatter Zack looked over at the clock that was resting above the entertainment center and saw that it was almost 6 and he had to get home. “Hey listen,” he said as he got off the couch so he could grab his gear, “would you like to hang out this weekend?”

Harlow smiled at Zack’s request. She enjoyed being around him so far and she wanted to get to know him better. “Yeah. I would like that. Well I guess I’ll see you at school tomorrow. Bye Zack.”

“Bye Harlow.”

The next day at school everyone, Harlow included, met up at one of the outdoor lobbies so they could finally pick out a band name. However, Matt was the only one who made a list.

“Alright since none of you fuckers did your homework lets just pick a name from my list.” Matt told the group before handing his list over to Jimmy so he could show everyone else.

“Lips of Deceit sounds fucking badass!” Zack said excitedly.

“How about this one, Avenged Sevenfold?” Jimmy asked the group.

Everyone voiced opinions of approval, Matt included, and it was decided from that day on their band would be know as Avenged Sevenfold.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! I have a couple of announcements to make so bear with me. First off, I have revamped some of the layouts on my other stories, including this one, and I do say they turned out very nicely.

Second, I have a new story called Save Me From This Nightmare. I have the introduction already posted but the story won't be active till sometime in February when my other story Uncovered Lies is finished.

Thirdly, feel free to check out those stories as well as Dangerous and Moving. All of these stories are Zacky stories so feel free to check them out and leave feedback!

Lastly, feel free to comment! Feedback is appreciated! :)