We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands

Chapter One

I lightly ran my fingers across the writing that my friend had doodled down my arm during last period at school. I rubbed my thumb against one of the words, making it smudge from the mixture of pressure and rain. I looked at my other arm and watched as the foundation smoothly ran from my scar ridden arm and down into the puddle that had formed below me.

Pushing my arm forward, I gripped onto the black metal as I leaned over the edge and looked down at the gushing water. I looked behind me and then brought one foot up shakily to the painted bars. I pulled my self over and sat on the cold metal whilst gripping onto it tightly causing my knuckles to turn white from the pressure. I could feel my whole body shaking from the coldness that the wind and rain caused against my skin.

My white school blouse was plastered to my pale body and had soaked right through to my skin whilst my trousers also stuck to me because of the rain that was still crashing down around me.

I looked longingly at the water and was about to make my final decision about my sinful life when my mobile suddenly broke the silence that surrounded me. Sighing I answered the call that had saved my life, for now.

“Hello?” I asked shakily into the phone.

“Hey Beth, did you get a letter from school?” I heard Beki ask excitedly.

“I haven’t been home yet,” I glanced down at the water and knew I wouldn’t be able to go through with it now because I had had my mind set on it before.

“Where are you then? It’s chucking it down,”

“Yeah I know,” I shakily pulled myself back over the railings and stood on the firm ground.

“Well anyway, get home and see if you have a letter!” She exclaimed excitedly.

“Okay, see ya,” I mumbled and hung up and then slipped my mobile back into my pocket. I started the walk back to my house whilst hoping mum wasn’t home yet because she would want to know why I was an hour late and why I was completely drenched.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure, should I carry on?
Xoxo.