We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands

Chapter Thirteen

After getting changed back into my pyjamas, Ethan and I went back down to the living room. I sat curled up beside him on the sofa, being careful not to knock my ankle.

“So do you like it here then?” He asked, turning towards me.

“I’m honestly loving it here. Meeting you guys has just made it even better,” I said with a smile causing him to smile back at me. Grinning still, he pulled me into a tight hug, squeezing the air out of me.

“Argh let go,” I squeaked, laughing slightly as he slowly let go of me.

“Sorry,” He laughed nervously. I collapsed into him on the sofa, closing my eyes.

“You want to go to sleep? It’s 4:30am,” Ethan pointed out as I began to fall to sleep on him as the exhaustion of that day caught up to me.

“Mm, sure,” I smiled dopily as we got up from the sofa and turned the television and lights off.

“Come on princess, into bed,” He laughed, tickling my sides and pushing me onto the single bed. I watched tiredly as he turned a lamp on and the main light off before getting an extra duvet and laying it on the floor.

“What are you doing?” I asked as he spread it over the floor.

“Making my bed, what does it look like?” He asked amused.

“No Ethan, you sleep in your bed and I’ll sleep on the floor,” I spoke, pulling myself off of his bed and standing next to him.

“No you sleep in the bed and I’ll sleep on the floor, I don’t mind, honestly.”

“I’m not sleeping in your bed whilst you sleep on the floor Ethan so get your ass in that bed,” I laughed, sliding under the duvet he had placed on the floor.

“Well I’m not moving Beth,” Ethan stated, moving beneath the duvet as well.

“Fine, we’ll both sleep on the floor,” I couldn’t help but laugh at our stubbornness. “Actually, scratch that, where is your bathroom?” I asked, standing up again. Ethan laughed and stood up as well.

“Come on,” He chuckled, pulling me along by the wrist. “Here,” He stated as we stopped outside of a door at the bottom of the hallway. I shivered without meaning to as the coldness and emptiness of his house caught up with my tired body. “Aww are you cold?” He asked and immediately enveloped my body in a hug. His strong arms drew our bodies closer together. I looked up at him to find him looking down at me, his deep brown eyes boring into my own. Subconsciously our faces drew closer and his pupils searched my face. His gaze made me feel nervous because of the way it seemed to reach deep within me and bring memories forward so that he could see them and play with them. I looked down at our hands that were now entwined, his fingers gently playing with my own. My cheek pressed against his slightly and our noses touched causing even more of that nervous feeling to rush through my system. I looked away from his gaze and dropped his hand. I pulled my body away from his and stood nervously.

“I’ll be back in a minute,” I spoke softly before rushing into the bathroom and locking the door behind me. I'd panicked. Typical. Tears arose in my eyes as I put my hands on the wall and head-butted it gently. Why had I been so stupid as to back away? Ethan was a good guy, well a good guy as far as I knew and I might have just ruined something with backing away. The nervous being in my system was replaced instantly with regret.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are love <3

[Updated in celebration of TAI... TV being back up.]