We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands

Chapter Fourteen

“William’s going to kill me later,” I said softly into the darkness. Both Ethan and I lay under the duvet on the floor with his arm around me to keep me warm. Neither of us had mentioned what had happened outside the bathroom – both of us seeming to be nervous and embarrassed about our actions.

“Don’t think about him. How’s your ankle though?” My head was rested on his chest so the calming movements of his breathing were lulling me off to sleep slowly.

“Numb. Night Ethan.”

“Good night Beth.”

-

You know what’s a nightmare? Waking up after only two hours sleep because of your phone ringing.

“Hello?” I murmured into my still broken phone.

“Where are you Beth? Seriously, you can’t just up and leave, I’m supposed to be the one looking after you and I’ll get my ass kicked if I lose you and you’ll also get in huge trouble-”

“Shut up William. I haven’t just left, I did what I told you I was going to do – I slept at my friends house,” I whispered and curled into Ethan’s relaxed body. William sighed dejectedly.

“Okay well I want you back here by midday because we have still got to talk.”

“Mmhm, bye now,” I uttered half asleep and hung up. I slid my phone away from me and felt Ethan’s arm pull me closer to him as I fell back to sleep.

-

It was around 11 o’clock by the time both Ethan and I could be bothered to drag ourselves out of bed. My ankle was still hurting but with Ethan’s help, I had managed to limp back to William’s house. As soon as I walked through the front door I had a huge lump pounce on me.

“You’re back! Oh my God I thought you’d been kidnapped or something!” Brendon squealed and hugged me tightly.

“He’s serious as well, when I found him this morning, he was about to ring the cops and tell them you’d been kidnapped,” William laughed as he walked through to see me. “What you did wasn’t a good idea though Beth, you should have at least told one of us that you was going to go.”

“Sorry,” I uttered and gave William my best puppy dog eyes.

“Well anyway, I want both you and you in my room now,” William ordered, pointing at Brendon and I so we obediently made our way upstairs. I limped slightly on my foot still so William gave me a questioning look as we made it into his bedroom.

“I jumped from the window and sprained my ankle. It’s getting better though, just aches a bit,” William rolled his eyes and sighed. He shut the door and Brendon and I sat on his bed, I knew what was to come and understandably I was a bit reluctant to confess everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha I've totally fallen in love with my own fictional character; Ethan. I'm so sad.

Sorry for not updating in four months, it shouldn't happen again, but no promises. I had major writing block with all of my stories and felt like I'd just run myself into a hole with this one. However! I finally had inspiration! And the upcoming chapter is halfway complete.

If it's not asking too much, comments would be nice.

Chapter dedicated to Beki, because I love her so much and it's only 108 days away! ~Squeals~.