We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands

Chapter Two

I left my deserted sanctuary and began to walk down the busy street whilst getting glares from old women that looked at me disgusted because of my soaked form. I reached my house and was relieved to see that mum’s car was not there and was even more relieved to see that mum’s boyfriend’s car was also not there either. Unlocking the door I entered my house and immediately saw the pile of mail on the floor. I picked it up and wandered through to the kitchen. I stared at my reflection in the small mirror, which was placed on the kitchen top and saw that my eyeliner had run down my cheeks making me look a complete mess. I found the letter Beki must have been on about and took it up to my room where I then got changed into dry clothes. I opened the letter and read it carefully.

‘To the parent or guardian of Bethany Hanson,
I am delighted to inform you that your daughter has been selected for a trip to Chicago. We have chosen your daughter because of her excellent grades and conduct. The trip will take place on the 14th May so she will take her exams as normal and then leave to go to Chicago for two months. She will be staying with an American family and will be going to an American school for the time she is there so that she can find out what it’s like.’


I stopped reading as I had already decided I wanted to go on this trip because it meant I could get away from here for two months and any time away from here was brilliant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback would be nice :)