We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands

Chapter Four

I was sat at the back of the coach between the window and Beki and beside her was Jack, Bert and Anna. It was 3am and we had been on the road for two hours but unfortunately we still had at least an hour until we arrived at the airport. There were only 12 other people on the coach, and two of those were teachers so the coach was pretty empty, but that didn’t mean it was quiet. Considering it was morning as well, everyone was pretty much wide awake, except for me that is, I had to spend the night with Alex because mum had decided to go for a drink with a few of her friends, which meant that Alex managed to give me two going away presents in the last 24 hours so lets just say I was exhausted and pained slightly.

“Right everyone! This is our last stop before we get to the airport so please use the facilities and buy food if you want it,” Mrs Parkson shouted and the coach soon came to a halt and we all filed off. We walked into the building and split in all directions.

“You’ve got 20 minutes,” Mr Hild said so I walked over to a small table, painfully I might add, and collapsed into one of the seats and lolled my head onto the table. A chair scraped near me and I looked up slightly to see Bert sitting down with me.

“You look shattered,” He commented.

“Thanks,” I muttered into the table.

“Try and get some sleep on the plane,” He said caringly causing me to smile up at him slightly before hitting my head down on the table again.

“So are you looking forward to seeing whose houses we’re all staying at?” He asked and I smiled slightly.

“Yeah, I guess. It’s a shame that it’s one child to a family though, it would have been cool if I could have stayed in a house with you,”

“Yeah it would have been pretty fun. I hope we actually get housed at least near each other though,”

“Yeah, I don’t think I could last two months without seeing you,” He mumbled. I looked up at him startled and he noticed.

“Forget I said anything,” He said quickly.

“No, what did you mean by that?” I asked annoyed slightly.

“Nothing. Just forget I said anything,” Bert mumbled and pushed his longish black hair behind his ear.

“Forget what?” Anna asked and sat down at the table with a bottle of Pepsi in hand.

“Nothing,” Bert murmured and played with the hem of his band tee. I watched him as the other guys arrived at the table and started talking. I sighed and put my head back down onto the table and had nearly fallen asleep when I felt someone tap my arm. I looked up to see Jack holding out a huge bag of crisps to me.

“Want one?” He asked me.

“No thanks,” I mumbled and put my head back down onto the table.

“You know you really should eat more,” Jack commented.

“Yeah, you seem to barely eat nowadays.” Anna added.

“I ate before I left.” I mumbled and whacked my head down, back onto the table and it was true, I had eaten before I'd left.

“Everyone back on the coach!” Mr Hild shouted causing me to groan as we traipsed back to the coach.

We had all sat back down on the back row again, but we had all swapped places so it was now Beki, Anna, me, Bert and then Jack. Before we set off, Mr Hild stood at the front of the coach and smiled.

“It’ll be about an hour until we get to the airport now so I’m going to tell you all the information now and try not to forget it guys. When we get there just follow Mrs Parkson and I and we’ll lead you through security and everything as we have you passports and tickets. We’re all sat together on the plane so once we arrive in Chicago make sure you don’t run off. We’re going to be meeting your careers at the airport entrance. And finally, during the two months you’re away from home, Mrs Parkson and I will come and give you two surprise visits to check on you,” He finished and sat down. Sighing I leant my head back against the cushioned seat and brought my legs up to my chest. As we started to move, Bert gently pulled me over and I leant my head on his shoulder.

“So who is sitting next to who on the plane?” I heard Jack ask everyone.

“I don’t mind,” I mumbled with my eyes closed and I half asleep.

“Well I’ve got to sit with Mr Hild because of what happened at the first service station we stopped at,” Beki mumbled.

“I’ll sit with Beth then,” I heard Bert say and everyone agreed.

“Well that was sorted out quick enough,” I heard Anna say before I finally fell to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would make me smile =[.