We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands

Chapter Eight

The next day was Sunday so I had another day until I went back to the school I was going to here; it was pretty nice I guess. I looked down to the floor and saw that Brendon was already up as his makeshift bed was empty. I lazily pulled myself out of my own soft bed and went into the bathroom for a quick shower and all that jazz. Once I was dressed, I headed down stairs and into the kitchen to find Jon cooking and William talking to Spencer.

“Eggs?” Jon asked me as I made myself a coffee.

“Mm, please,” I said with a small nod.

“Oh Beth, I’m having a few friends around for a barbeque kind of thing today, would it bother you?” William asked me whilst writing some stuff down and then looking up at me with his piercing brown eyes.

“Nope, have a blast,” I answered with a smile.

Okay, when William had said ‘a few friends’, he was underestimating slightly. In the end there were like fifty to sixty random people in the house. I chose to just stay out of the way and watch everyone from my window as they all talked and shit in the garden whilst someone I’ve never seen before burnt a few sausages on the old barbeque. A few light raps on the door pulled me out of my trance and I turned to look at the white wood.

“Come in,” I called lightly. The door opened and Brendon stepped in.

“Hey, are you going to come down?” He asked with a small smile.

“No, I don’t think so,” I replied honestly causing his smile to drop.

“Why?” He asked in a whiny tone.

“I don’t know anyone and I’ll feel completely awkward down there,” I replied with a shrug and looked down at my cut up knuckles that were still incredibly sore.

“Please come down, I have no one to share the chocolate fondue with,” He pleaded with a small pout. I looked at him and smiled lightly before giving in.

“Okay, fine,” His smile returned as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me up with him.

“Now what’s this?” I asked Brendon as I popped a chocolate smothered piece onion in his mouth. We were sat on the floor in front of the sofa in the front room whilst everyone else was in the garden. We’d stolen the chocolate fondue and a load of food so we were playing the food game, which I have to admit, was entertaining. It was Brendon’s turn so he had his eyes closed and was chewing the food with a confused yet disgusted look on his face.

“What the hell was that?” He asked and opened his eyes once he’d finished chewing.

“That’s what you have to tell me,” I said and rolled my eyes over-dramatically.

“It tasted nasty,” He whined and stuck his tongue out in disgust. I laughed lightly and looked into his twinkling eyes as he looked at the food scattered around us on the blue paper plates.

“It was an onion wasn’t it?” He asked with a sigh.

“Yep! My turn,” I exclaimed and closed my eyes.

“Open your mouth,” He commanded softly. I did as he said and then I felt something wet on my nose and then my forehead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are love <3