Horror Is My History and the Future Depends On Me

History of a Child's Horror

-12 Years Ago-

"Momma! What's that?" a little girl asked the woman who was gently holding her hand.

"That, my dear, is the newest attaction for our Halloween Hayride. It's a giant fire breathing dragon!" the woman said with excitement in her voice.

"Ooh, it's pretty Momma!" the little girl said with a huge smile on her face.

"Pretty?!" a man questioned as he stopped building the dragon while a few other men continued to work, "This here creature's supposed ta scare the pants off ya! Ain't ya scared?" he asked in a southern drawl as he readjusted the cowboy hat on his head.

"Sir, you will find this girl ain't afraid of anything." the woman proudly stated.

"Is that so?" the man questioned, somewhat astonished.

"Yup!" the little girl said brightly as her smile grew.

The woman smiled down at her happy daughter before she returned her attention to the man, "Well, you heard her. Now, can you please get back to work? We have a deadline to make and we need to make sure everything is working properly."

"Yes ma'am." the man said before he returned back to his work.

"C'mon sweetie, let's go find Daddy!" the woman said before she and her daughter walked to a giant black tent that said 'Empolyees Only' at the entrances.

"Daddy!" the little girl called before she ran over to her father who was sitting in a make-up chair.

"There's my girl!" the man said happily as he facial features visably brightened before he picked up his daughter and let her sit on his lap.

Inside the tent were zombies, vampires, monsters, werewolves, people with rooster or pig heads, people who held chainsaws, and many more scary things.

So many other children would run for their lives screaming bloody murder after coming face to face with their biggest fears or what creatures over-run their nightmares.

But not her.

She had no reason to be afraid.

Her parents were the current owners of a family owned and ran Halloween Haunt in a more or less rural town in Pennsylvania.

She had been introduced to The Grounds at the ripe old age of three.

She quickly learned the scary things were only people in costumes and wearing make-up.

Nothing to be afraid of.

Some of the people in costumes would even babysit the girl while her parents were swamped running The Grounds on busy nights.

Let me tell you, it is a very strange sight to see a scary looking demon leading a little girl by the hand on an emergency restroom run at the peak of haunting hours. One minute the demon is trying to scare the guests and the next minute he is rushing the three year old to the potty.

That's why she wasn't afraid.

She had too many fun and hillarious memories with the employees to be afraid of them.

As the girl reached her teen years she joined in on the fun with her parents and employees.

The girl loved her life with the entire horror background.

She would never give it up for anything else in the world.

She knew The Grounds would be passed down to her room and she would be able to put her own touches on it and possibly turn it into a major tourist destination.

She may not have been afraid of anything, but when she became 18 years old that all changed.

Something happened that may change her future forever.