Status: Active

Life Plans

Chapter two; I get soaked in pink rain

Monday. What was God thinking when he created Monday? Maybe something along the lines of 'the human race have had all weekend for fun and shit, now I'm just gonna throw this in their face. If you're tired, deal with it'

I'd been in England for a total of three days, and my parents had already got us into a school. They're the type of parents who believe nothing is more important than an education, so as soon as they could, they got me and my brothers into school. I'm 15, so obviously I'm going into 9th grade, or year 10 as it's called here. Derrek is 16, so that puts him a year above me. Cian, who's turning 12 in January is just starting secondary school, but Cris is turning 5 soon, so he's just starting school. It's crazy how quickly he's grown. I mean, just yesterday my mom had a belly as big as a whale, and now... here he is. It's just amazing.

My alarm clock was set for 6:30. I got up, went into my shower, then did all my business.
One thing I'm going to have to get used to is the school uniforms. I'd never had one before, but I suppose this one wasn't too bad. It was a pleated black thigh-length skirt, a black blazer with the 'Adrel Waters' logo on it, and white shirts. I think that I'd be able to tolerate it.
I sorted my hair and make-up before making my way downstairs.
Whilst i was pouring myself a bowl on Capn' crunch cereal (can't keep me away from that stuff if you tried), my dad and brother came in from downstairs. We made small talk, and before long, the whole family was down.
Breakfast was uneventful. My dad offered to drive us, because my brother probably couldn't drive on the other side, and besides, he wasn't legal here yet.

I got to school on time, as far as I could tell. I went to the administration office, and got given my time table and such befor trying to find my way around this maze of a building.
After getting lost about three times, i finally found room 2B, my homeroom, or whatever it's called here.
After the teacher did his introductions, I looked around and saw that I had Clive, Tammy and Chad in my homeroom. There wasn't a free seat near any of them, but after Clive said something to the rather terrified-looking student sat next to him, there was all of a sudden a free seat.
I went and sat with my friend, and we were just casually chatting before the bell rang.
"So," began Chad, "have you spoken to your friends in the States yet?"
I shook my head. That was something I had been conveniently avoiding. "Nah, I just don't really feel like breaking it to them. But hey, I've had to suffer as well. Three days without Facebook or Skype.... almost as bad as starving myself."
While the rest of the group laughed, I noticed Clive staring at me with a confused expression. When I raised my eyebrows at him, he merely shook his head, and rejoined our conversation, as if nothing had happened.
"Alright class, settle down, summer's over alright? Time for talking is finished." Came the voice of Mr Jones. All conversation began to die out and so my first day of British education began.

It was lunch time, and I have to admit, today had been pretty good. I only had two periods left, but I can tell you that I had already made a lot of friends. I'm guessing my accent helped with that, but, it being me, I managed to make some enemies as well.
It was when I walked into the cafeteria when I was looking for Tammy and the group (even though I had a lot of people to choose from, I really liked their company), I saw a table of three girls, all of them glaring at me. I wasn't sure exactly what I had done to them, but I just brushed it off, and, as soon as she had spotted me and came to get me, went to sit with Shay and the guys.
"Okay, you want to tell us exactly what you did to the Sasha's?" asked Dylan after I sat down. I was slightly confused. I knew who they were referring to, but there's no way they were all called Sasha, was there?
As if reading my mind, Dylan continued 'Nah, they aren't all called Sasha, but the one in the middle is, and the other two just pretty much copy everything down to her bladder cycle, so we just gave them the same name."
"Huh, interesting," I said, "isn't that kind of cliché? I mean very typical high-school right?"
"You have no idea" Said Taylor, before we all decided to change the subject.
I believe we were about halfway through discussing Tammy and Taylor's similarities when it began to rain. Inside. Until I noticed just how pink and cold this rain was. I stood up in a reaction, but I didn't really have time to pick an emotion. Shay picked one for me.
"What the fuck is your problem? Are you actually retarded?!"
I looked behind me to see who her words were aimed at, and I saw Sasha stood there with a fake sympathetic look on her face.
"Oops, I'm sorry; I thought you were the bin. My bad. "
That quickened he decision of my emotion, but before I could react, they were walking away. But I wasn't about to let them get away with it. I walked over to them and tapped Sasha on her shoulder. She turned around and looked at me with a look of disgust.
"I'm sorry, I don't give to the homeless."
I just kept smiling at her before saying, "Oh, I understand. I just thought I'd thank you for this lovely strawberry smoothie," before embracing her very tightly, covering her white shirt almost as bad as mine. Her mouth went open in a giant 'O' shape, and she waited about three seconds before she remembered she had the power to push me off her.
"You stupid bitch! Do you realise how much this shirt cost me?"
"About the same amount as that fake Gucci bag your carrying around? Honestly, me and Gucci go way back, if you just asked, I could get you something so much better."
Yeah, picking fights on the first day was probably not my smartest move, but it was not my idea.
The Sasha's left, but not before glaring at me as if there was no tomorrow. If looks could kill...
I went back to my table to finish lunch, being greeted by a round of applause, loudest of all from Dylan. But after I began to get sticky, me and Taylor went to the girls changing room. I showered whilst she washed and attempted to dry my shirt. It's a good thing i hadn't been wearing my blazer at the time, or we would have had serious problems.
By the time we'd finished, fourth period was almost finished. I felt kind of bad for missing a lesson, and I felt even worse by causing Taylor to miss one as well, but she insisted she never liked Geography anyway, so ai really had nothing to worry about.

And so goes my first day at school in England.