Life Through Joey's Eyes

Chapter 37

After a long, difficult labor, Ramona gave birth to our daughter. It was a 15 hour labor.

My parents arrived at the hospital at 3:30ish am with the triplets and
Jakob I told Frankito to call Uncle Mike at 5am to tell him that Ramona was in labor. He showed up at 6:30am, with Brittney and Stella.

Right now, I’m holding the baby. She is so beautiful. She has blue eyes, like her mommy and Grandpa Tre, and darkish red hair, like me and Grandpa Billie. Her grandparents and Uncle Mike got to see her, but the other Green Day kids were asleep during visiting hours.

“What should we name her?” Ramona asks me.

“I don’t know,” I respond.

I got up off the chair I was sitting on and went over the bed to lie next to Ramona.

“I love you so much. I love you. I’m so proud of you,” I say to her

“I love you too,” she tells me. “Let me hold our girl. I love her eyes.
They are like two perfect…what’s the name on the blue gemstone?”

“Sapphire?”

“Yes, two beautiful sapphires,” she finishes

“That is such a pretty word. Let’s name her that,” I say.

“Sapphire. That is really pretty,” Ramona comments. “What about Sapphire Jade?”

“It’s a perfect name but, why ‘Jade’?” I ask.

“Because Jade is a shade of green and I think it is a gem of the same color,” she replies. “I thought of it because she is the first Green Day grandchild”

“Right. Sapphire Jade Armstrong-Wright.”

“No,” she tells me. “Just ‘Armstrong’. Now that she’s out, we can start planning our wedding.”

I look at the love of my life, and then at our gorgeous daughter.
Ramona Lynn Wright and Sapphire Jade Armstrong: I’m the luckiest man in the world.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
O.K. As some of you know, there will be a sequal. I should start posting chapters to that story sometime in October. What I plan on doing is posting a note onto this story when the first chapter is up.

What I would LOVE from my readers is an overall comment on Life Through Joey's Eyes. What did you like and what do you think I could improve on.

Thanks for reading! green_day_rocks