Status: finished :)

Different

Page Thirteen

Things had been going well for Marone and Stephen. They were closer than ever, and Stephen seemed to like when Marone would touch him. Marone was so wrapped up in Stephen that he failed to notice the death glares Camille sent his way. But if he did he wouldn’t understand it.
He didn’t know of Camille’s feelings for Stephen, and quite frankly he didn’t really care about Camille anymore. The way he saw it, if his so called best friend could practically throw herself at HIS boyfriend then she wasn’t worth having around. So when he had a class with Camille he ignored her and she did the same. But Marone knew that Camille was talking about him behind his back.
He couldn’t miss the way girls would hold their boyfriends a little closer to them when they saw him walking down the hall, and he figured Camille was saying he’d turned “her boyfriend” gay and stolen him. But he didn’t care. He had his Stevie and he was happy. So what if he had a backstabbing ex-best friend? He had something worth so much more. He had love, a true love at that.
Sure he wouldn’t mind having a best friend to talk to, but he had a few friends. He wasn’t that close with any of them, but if he tried he was sure one of them could be his new best friend. The only question he had was WHO did he to take time to get close to. It all seemed like too much work. So he probably wouldn’t work towards a new best friend. He’s fine with friends, for now.
He could call up a bunch of them if he needed to talk. He knew they all liked him, he was just never took time to talk to anyone other than Camille. Which in hindsight wasn’t the best idea. So he made a promise to himself, he was going to reach out to the people he hangs out with. He’d like that and Stephen would like that. They are his friends too, after all.