Status: finished :)

Different

Page Seventeen

After Stephen had left and Marone was lying around being lazy Marone let his mind wonder. He couldn’t figure out how someone so horrible could appear so friendly and kind. How could she fool so many? It was unthinkable. But looking back she was always something of a brat.
If she didn’t get her way she threw a fit until she got better than she wanted. And she does have a habit of wanting what others have. So maybe he just didn’t want to believe that she was spoiled. Maybe it was wishful thinking that kept a veil over his eyes. But now that she was no longer in his life he was actually happy. Sure he started out missing her like crazy, but it’s obvious now that she was never a real friend.
“I don’t need Cami; I mean yeah she WAS my supposed best friend, but it’s obvious I don‘t need her. I mean I just made ten new friends,” Marone spoke his thoughts aloud, wanting to fill the silent room.
He was going about the house, cleaning up what little mess was left and humming a bit. He was happy and his smile reached his eyes for a change. He was even excited for school the next day. He knew that things would be better now that he wasn’t alone. He knew that things were going to start changing and he couldn’t wait.
“Maybe the bus ride won’t suck either! That would frikking rock! Stop, don’t jinx it,” Marone said with a skip in his step.
He went to bed that night with a smile on his face. He could feel all the good things that were going to happen and he was more than a little excited. He almost could lay still long enough to fall asleep but he managed. But his dreams were more active and adventurous than anything he thought he could ever imagine.