Status: finished :)

Different

Page Three

"Will you two stop it? I forgot that Stephen doesn’t like P.D.A. and I’m sorry,” Marone said, trying to calm everyone down even though he himself was more than a little upset.
He understands why Stephen doesn’t like public displays, but a peck on the cheek isn’t that big of a display. And no one really saw it. But he wished that Stephen would act like a boyfriend all the time, not just when they were alone. In all actuality Marone was just happy that he had a boyfriend who actually liked him, so he wasn’t going to do anything to mess it up.
“You shouldn’t have to be sorry, Marone! He’s your boyfriend! He should be okay with you kissing his fudging cheek! And he should do it back!” Camille said.
Marone couldn’t explain it, but something about the way Camille said her words made him think she knew something he didn’t. He made a mental note to ask her about it later. But for now he didn’t know what to do. His best friend was obviously pissed at his boyfriend and his boyfriend was getting pissed at his best friend.
“Cami, calm down please?”
Camille looked at Marone and saw his eyes. She knew that he wanted Stephen to display their relationship. But she also knew that he did NOT want him to feel forced about. So she let out a sigh and nodded.
“Let’s go to class, Marone,” she said her anger obviously just beneath the surface.
“Bye Stevie. See you later,” Marone said starting to lean down for a hug at least until he saw Stephen lean away, then he straightened up and hid the hurt.
“Bye Marone,” and with that Stephen walked away, meeting up with some of his other friends on the way.