Status: finished :)

Different

Page Seven

“N-Nothing, Mrs. Gregor. Sorry.”
“Well hush up or I’ll have to send you to the office.”
“Yes ma’am.”
After that embarrassing moment Mrs. Gregor turned around on her heel and continued the lesson. Her voice droning on and on, putting the class to sleep. Except for Marone he wasn’t even paying attention. He was thinking of Stephen and what Camille had said. He couldn’t figure it out. Tonight he would bring it up to Stephen. If he didn’t it would eat him alive.
Why would Stephen be so openly straight if he was gay? I really don’t understand. And how could he just leave all his old friends behind? He doesn’t like my few friends much so why would he choose them over HIS friends? I really need to talk to him.
Marone was getting antsy and fidgeting in his seat. The bell needed to ring now, or would burst. He needed the day to be over. True with all the thinking he had done that day made time fly by, landing him in his final class in what felt like ten minutes, but now time was barely moving. Each tick of the clock seemed to echo through the room, putting emphasis on the quiet. And it drove Marone positively bonkers.
He started tapping his fingers on his desk, but then he fell in time with the ticking clock, so that was out. Then he started counting the ceiling tiles, but that made his eyelids droop. He let out a huff of air and contented himself with thinking of how to bring the subject up to Stephen.
I don’t want to make Stevie mad at me, but I know it will kill me to not know the truth. I’ll keep thinking the worse, and then I’ll be a paranoid boyfriend, which is GROSS!