Status: New

Miles Apart

One.

Dear Aiden,
1-31-11

It’s been a while hasn't’t it? Work is getting to me, I haven’t paid my rent yet and Mom and Dad are pressuring me to get married. It’s intense, I swear. I’m glad you got married to Lana. She has the money. I’m slightly jealous, man. I mean, before we both used to struggle to scrape the money together to pay the rent, now that you’re married to a rich girl, I have to worry about money while you party all night. I plan on becoming a physiologist, still, and my job at the library and star bucks is so not enough. Whatever though, I will become a physiologist and you will watch me help people. Hopefully, I won’t kill my self because of my money issues.
Johnson Maine.


Image


Sandra stared down at the white paper in sadness and happiness. Sadness because the man sounded so upset and heartbroken. Happiness because someone, even a stranger had sent her letter. Immediately, she grabbed a piece of loose leaf paper and started writing in her lazy scribble.

Dear Johnson,
2-3-11

You have the wrong mailing address. I’m 06207, your friend might be 02607. You switched the two and the six. It’s fine though, I’m actually glad someone bothered to send me something, even if it’s someone I don’t know. I’m sorry for being nosy, but it will get better, I promise. I’m glad that you’re so head strong and confident in becoming a physiologist, but you seem so upset and grim. Why? Just because someone has money does not mean they have everything in the world. Sometimes, even someone with barley any money can have everything in the world. I’m Sandra Plains.
Sandra Plains.