Status: Working On It

Puppet Master

Need a Partner

Make them fear you.

I walked back into my bedroom and opened my closet door. Hanging from all of the walls were different shirts, vests, and jackets covered with hidden weapons. Every time I get a new shirt, I make adjustments to it so I can conceal weapons. I found my favorite black biker jacket and put it on. It has eight pockets in all filled with small switchblades and needles. Plus there are retractable blades in my sleeves. Then I found some dark pants and changed into them.

“Oh, damn it all!” I yelled at myself when I noticed I didn’t know where to go. I put on a pair of black converse and walked out of my house, locking my door without turning back. I walked down three flights of stairs and walked out of the apartment building.

I walked for a while, not paying attention to how many blocks I passed until I reached a diner. It wasn’t very large, and it definitely needed a new paint job. It’s exactly as I remembered it. I walked inside and waited for someone to seat me. Finally, a young woman, with hair as red as blood, walked up to me and said with a smile, “Hello, how may I help you?”

“I need to speak to your boss,” I said flatly.

“Mr. Hagg is a bit busy at the moment, but if you come b-,” I cut her off.

“Tell him Brian Jones is here,” I told her getting a bit angrily.

“No, sir, Mr. Hagg is busy,” she emphasized the ‘busy’. I don’t have time to argue with this woman.

“Don’t make me angrier than I already am, ma’am.”

“What’s a teen like you going to really do something about it?” Oh so now she’s looking down at me. Big mistake.

I opened up my mind and let my power touch her, gently. Then I let it grab a hold of her and paralyze her without her knowing. “You made a really bad move.” She looked at me in mock fear, but started to notice she couldn’t move.

“What did y-“

“I am Brian Jones. The Puppet Master,” I seethed at her. “Now, we are going to go get Mr. Hagg and have a nice chat. And if we do not, I will have you walk in front of a moving train, and laugh as you are smashed like a bug. Now let’s go.” I let go of her and watched as she slumped to the ground for a second. She then quickly got up and told me to follow her.

We walked into the kitchen, and started to pass it. Men and women alike gave me a second glance. I’m guessing more because of my age than who I am. Suddenly, we stopped at a door at the back of the diner. I could hear yelling from the other side. I smiled when I recognized the voice that was yelling. She looked at me before she knocked on the door, but I didn’t say anything. She knocked on it lightly and the yelling quickly disappeared. Just as quickly a large baling man opened the door.

“WHAT THE HELL D-,“ he looked at me, stunned. Then he began to smile. “Well if it isn’t Mr. Jones. Last time I saw you, I paid my way out of getting myself killed! How may I help you, lad?” Yes I was once hired to kill this man. His name is Nathaniel Hagg. I was paid to kill him for some stupid reason involving the store, but I didn’t kill him just because of the extra money he gave. I let him live because he could give me info, and a partner.

“Two grand isn’t really much to be paid for to kill someone. Though, that was the only time I let that happen. Anyways, you owe me quite a few favors for letting you live. So I need some info and a partner,” I looked at him with a hint of anger still in my voice. “And you need to let your workers know I’m not a morning person. I almost cut your waitress here into a billion pieces in front of your customers.”

He gave off a booming laugh and tried to say, “Oh, Jones, it’s nice to know that you’ll never change. Rebecca,” he turned to the woman, “Bring him some coffee.” She turned towards the door and quickly fled the room. Then when he knew she was gone he said, “So who are you looking for?”

“I’m looking for an ex-cop named Charles Heinz. He’s a speed, probably dangerous having been a cop. My source told me he went crazy at some random moment and started taking out cops.” He looked at me puzzled. Then, he walked to a large wooden desk and grabbed a cell phone.

“I just heard about this. I know just the partner for you,” he said while dialing the number. I waited patiently as the phone rang and rang. Finally, a muffled voice spoke through the phone and Nathaniel answered back, “Hey, Sam, I have a job for you. No not at the diner. This one pays good money. Alright, I’d say get here quickly. Your employer isn’t a morning person so his patience is a bit… low. Okay, see you soon then,” Then he hung up the phone.

“So who is this Sam person?” I asked.

“He’s an Aerokin, and he’s good. You’ll have to tell him what his job is though; not that he cares. Unlike you, he does anything for money.”

“So you had him hired so he can have my money? That’s actually a good idea,” I said to him smiling a little. I never keep my money. I always end up sending what I don’t need to charity or something. I don’t care what happens to it. I just like making people waste it for me to do my job. I mean hey, don’t do something you’re good at for free. “And where the hell is my coffee?” He chuckled at that.

“I don’t think Rebecca is coming back. You did give her quite the scare.”

“Oh well. This job should be fun enough.”

“Be careful, Jones. Speeds can be a serious problem. They can even kill Telekin like you.”

I smiled at him saying, “That’s what makes this job so fun.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this is my last bit of semi-filler. I just needed to give Brian a partner that could take Brian anywhere he needed. Oh, also. I haven't really done well at telling you what Brian is or what a speed, telekin, or aerokin. um i guess you do know that Brian is a Telekin now.. I will try to add what this stuff is to the next chapter. Though you may have already figured it out. I hope you are all enjoying this so far and i'm sorry for the slow updates.