Ghost of You

2/4

“Greg!” Elizabeth yelled, laying on the couch. He was in the kitchen, making them dinner. Elizabeth had been pregnant for almost three and a half months and Greg was always cautious, having listened to too many speeches from Elizabeth’s mom.

Greg ran into the living room, looking quite alarmed. “What’s wrong??” He asked.

Elizabeth shook her head. “Come here!” Greg moved closer and his wonderful girlfriend took his hand to place it on her more showing belly. They waited a few seconds with nothing happening. “She just kicked,” Elizabeth said with a pout, sad their child wasn’t kicking.

Greg smiled. “He’ll kick again.” Elizabeth rolled her eyes at him. They had each been calling the baby the gender they wanted it to be and neither was planning on giving up anytime soon. “I’ll be back in a sec with the food.” Greg kissed her forehead and went back to the kitchen.

Elizabeth rubbed her tummy and sat up on the couch. “Kick for mommy, baby,” She cooed to the unborn child. Greg walked back in with two plates of pasta balanced in his hands and sat beside Elizabeth, smiling. He handed her a plate and rubbed her belly, momentarily. The dinner was consumed in a comfortable silence and neither broke the silence. When they finished eating, Greg put the plates on the coffee table and moved to lay behind Elizabeth. He held her in his arms and rubbed her abdomen.

They laid like that, peacefully, enjoying the others’ presence until there was a nudge against Greg’s hand. He stopped rubbing for a moment until the nudge came back. “He’s kicking,” Greg murmured in Elizabeth’s ear.

She smiled. “He knows his daddy.”

Greg smiled and kissed her head. “I love you, Liz.”

Elizabeth smiled. “I love you too, Greg.” She relaxed into him and closed her eyes. “So much.”

Image