Something Blue

Nathaniel.

It was not that he did not want to get married, but because he thought he could never love some other girl as adequately as she needed. Nathaniel pondered the idea of being a husband again. Would he see his deceased wife when he looked at his new one? Would she talk the same, smell the same as Jeveava? Did his new wife feel the same as he? Did she want to be married to a man four years her senior?

Nathaniel watched the leaves fall from the trees. His worried expression smoothed with the thought of trying to love this woman. He was certain she would be well cared for and happy. There would be nothing she would want for. Her desires would be met. He would be anything she wanted him to be, as he was sure she would be everything he wanted her to be. Nathaniel knew this marriage could work.

It took two to waltz, and he was ecstatic that her report said that she was an exceptional dancing partner.

His gaze traveled up to the edge of the yard. His father and mother were here for a visit, and they were now taking a walk in the gardens. He was thankful his mother and father would be here when his new bride came. It would ease the tension. His mother had a way of smoothing out conversations. Maybe his new bride could learn from her.

In two days time, Nathaniel would be a new man. He would be content with his wife. He would make sure that she did not know of his feelings for his deceased wife. He didn’t want to share that with her yet. Maybe her parents would not have told her yet.

It wouldn’t matter though. The girl would be married either way; it wouldn’t matter if she did not care to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like this.