Something Blue

Catherine.

She got out the carriage, her dress falling perfectly around her long legs. Her gloves, which were made of silk, felt cool against her hot, pale hand. After getting the news of the marriage, she was down right sickened, literally sickened. Thanks to her Mother, they knew her fever was around 100 or higher. It seemed to decrease as her body temperature felt normal.

Her sickness was probably due to the anger that was coursing through her body, messing with her emotions, pressuring her to burst out of her composed features and throw everything around. As she looked around the giant yard, her eyes darted to a tiny figure in one of the windows, His head was looking down at her, his eyes gleaming with happiness. Catherine squinted, hoping to see the rest of the mans features, but only his eyes were showing, even the color was not easy to figure out.

Her eyes lingered on the figure, hoping to see who the it belonged to, but, he moved away and disappeared into the shadows. She huffed as she waited for the coachman to carry her stuff to the door. A princess should never have to carry her luggage. She was always taught that.

Don't do this, don't do that! It was like a chant, repeating over and over again, and it was basically for the same thing!

Yeah, dancing in the garden is something I can't do. But marry a stranger!? Yeah that's perfectly fine with them! She thought bitterly. The coachman knocked on the door of the mansion and as if they knew she was there, they opened widely.

A woman, no older than 50, grinned like a mad woman as she watched Catherine walk down the cemented pavement. A man appeared, dressed in the finest of the clothes, and he also watched the young girl get closer.

"Catherine deary! We have been waiting for so long to see you! The pictures your guardians have sent, do no justice to your pretty little face!" The woman giggled happily and hugged Catherine tightly. Catherine inwardly rolled her eyes and stepped away from the tight embrace.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Richardson." Catherine said, almost sarcastically. They didn't notice though, they were both in awe by how beautiful the young girl was. She was the perfect girl for their Nathaniel.

"Oh hun! Call me Evangeline and you can call my husband John! No need for formality, my dear. After all, this is your new home now." Evangeline, the happy witch, said through giggles. Catherine knew the woman was going to be a pain just by the way she giggled. Her husband though, he seemed like a man who knew how to debate and loved it too.....

"Mother! Father! Has she arrived yet?" A tall figure appeared at the top of the stare case and Catherine knew it was the figure she saw in the window.

"Oh Nathaniel dear! Come meet your new wife!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Opinions?