Something Blue

Nathaniel.

Even with the frown upon her flawless face, she was beautiful. Nothing like Jeveava, who smiled at every person. Pain caught Nathaniel’s heart with a fierce dagger. He wondered if others have started to compare them. Catherine, whose flawless face was turned downward, and Jeveava, whose face was always up lifted with joy. He quickly nodded, and said before walking toward her, “It’s a pleasure to meet you. I would imagine you’re tired after your trip.”

“The pleasure is mine but your imagination runs far and wide Mr. Richardson. I’m feeling fine.” Catherine looked at him and smiled, “Perhaps you can show me the house.”

Nathaniel took her arm and replied, “I’ll take you to your room. You’ll want to change before dinner. Guests will be here for too long.” Attempting to steer her towards the stairs, Nathaniel suspected that she was pushing her full weight down. “It is right up the stairs, and my room is across the hall. If you want something, just come across the hall and knock.”

Catherine was not happy. “Maybe you did not hear me, but I would have liked to have seen the house. I’m perfectly fine in the attire I have on now.”

Nathaniel took inventory of what she was dressed in. A dress made of the best fabric. A color that brought out the flecks of gold in her eyes, and very fine shoes. Her hair, as soft as it looked, was tied behind her head. “I’m sure you’ll want take a look at yourself.” He smiled and opened her door. “Here we are. Dinner will be in a hour.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh- I'm not liking it.