Heist

Love & Lies

I woke to the sound of a quiet house. Glancing at the clock I saw it was nearly 4 in the afternoon. With a yawn I sat up, my hand coming up to brush the curls from my eyes but I frowned when I felt the dust caked heavily in my hair. I needed a shower. Bad.

Standing up I felt my muscles ache from the over exertion from the night before. As I moved to my dresser to get fresh clothes every bone popped and cracked. Yep…a long hot shower sounded like heaven.

Grabbing clothes I headed to the bathroom and turned on the shower before stripping and stepping under the spray. I stayed in the water until it ran cold and every ounce of dirt and grime from the previous night was swirling down the drain.

After quickly dressing I headed to my room to strip the sheets since they were full of sand and dirt since Max had carried me to bed the previous night before I could get a shower. Gathering them up I made my way towards the laundry room.

“Morning.”

“SHIT!” I jumped and spun around to find Craig sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee.

“Sorry…didn’t mean to scare you.” he smiled.

“It’s okay I just wasn’t expecting anyone to be here. The house was quiet.” I replied.

“Yeah Tori took Emma to go look at schools and Max tagged along. I just woke up.” Craig said.

“Well I’m sure that with Max along the principal will be jumping to let Emma go to school there.” I said as I walked towards the laundry room, depositing my sheets in the machine.

“What’s that mean?” Craig asked.

“Tattoos, piercings, raccoon eyeliner…and the fact every other word out of his mouth is ‘fuck’ should really impress.” I replied.

“Sounds like you just described yourself.” Craig said.

“Which is why I know from experience. I got weird looks from nearly every administrator there was to get a weird look from.” I smiled as I poured myself a cup of coffee.

“You know you and Max are a lot alike.” Craig said as fiddled with his cup.

“What makes you say that?” I asked.

He shrugged, “Just seems like you two get along pretty well. You know for awhile there I thought you two were going to hook up. Then you got up with that Shadows guy.”

I looked at Craig. Something about his tone of voice was odd. He was hinting at something. He had to be.

“Craig if you want to say something than spit it out.” I replied.

He sighed, “Fine. Max told me that you’re going out with Shadows tonight and that it sounded pretty serious.”

“What? It’s dinner and a movie at his place. Nothing more.” I said.

“It sounded like a lot more to that than Max. I don’t know if you know this but he likes you a lot Jamie.” he replied.

“Really?” I asked.

“You seriously haven’t noticed?” he asked.

I shook my head, “I guess I’ve been too wrapped up in everything with Avenged to notice.”

“Well he’s pretty attached just so you know so you may want to keep your relationship with Shadows low key.” Craig said.

I nodded, “Of course. I didn’t realize or I would have.” I replied.

“I just hate seeing my boy hurt you know?”

“Totally.” I said.

I heard the front door open and a few minutes later Emma bounded into the kitchen.

“Mimi! Look at my new backpack!!!” she gushed and turned around so I could see it.

“IT’S MONSTER HIGH!!!” she squealed.

“Monster High huh? Who’s your favorite?” I asked.

“Draculara! She’s got fangtastic style!” Emma giggled.

“Really? Mine is Opperetta.” I smiled.

“You watch Monster High?!” she asked looking at me.

“Does she ever.” Tori sighed as she grabbed a couple ropes of Twizzlers out of the candy jar.

“Hey! What does that mean?” I asked.

“How about the fact that you watch the movies EVERY time they’re on tv?” Tori replied.

I stuck my tongue out at her and Emma looked up at me.

“Do you want to play dolls with me Mimi? I have all the Monster High ones!” she smiled.

“Maybe later kiddo. I have some stuff I have to do tonight.” I said and quickly glanced at Max who had his back to me as he put away groceries.

“Promise?” she asked.

“Promise.” I smiled and with a grin she hurried off to her room.

“So I take it you found a school?” I asked.

“Yep. Public school four blocks from here. She starts Monday.” Tori replied.

I nodded and checked my watch. It was nearly 5:30. I had been in the shower a lot longer than I had thought. I still had to get ready.

“Speaking of starting I’d better start getting ready.” I replied and stood up.

“You going to be home tonight?” Tori asked as she sat on my bed.

“Um…maybe…maybe not.” I replied as I changed from my sweatpants into a pair of jeans.

“Ooh so it’s going to be one of those nights huh?” she said wiggling her eyebrows.

“Shut up.” I snapped with a smirk.

“Did you know that Max has a crush on me?” I asked as I quickly applied some eyeliner.

“You mean you didn’t?” she asked.

“No! Apparetnly I’m blind as freaking bat!” I replied throwing my hands up.

“Well it’s not like it’s news James…every time a guy is into you you’re completely oblivious until someone smacks you in the face with it.” Tori said.

“I guess you’re right. Do you really think that it’s a good idea that I go over to Shadows tonight?” I asked.

Tori shrugged, “That’s up to you Jamie. I mean I can’t tell you what to do.”

I bit my lip and sighed as I thought it over. Finally I came to a decision.

“I’m going to Shadows tonight. I mean I’m in a relationship with him already.” I said.

“Well then have fun tonight.” Tori smiled and left the room with a wink.

Turning back to the mirror I finished my makeup and pulled my hair into a ponytail. I had just pulled on a pair of sneakers when Tori popped her head into the room.

“Hey! Slut cake! Heads up!” she said and threw something at me.

I reached up and caught it just in time. Looking down I saw a purple wrapped condom in my hand.

“Just in case.” she winked and disappeared.

I smirked and shook my head but shoved it into my back pocket nonetheless. Grabbing my keys and bag I headed out of my room.

“Later!” I called to no one in particular before heading out.

Twenty minutes later I pulled into the warehouse.

“Hey beautiful.” Matt smirked from the loft.

“Hey. Sorry I’m late. I slept pretty hard after last nights expedition.” I smiled as I climbed the steps.

“It’s alright. The pizza just got here. Pepperoni okay?” he asked.

“Of course. Movie?” I asked as I put my bag down.

He held up a DVD case and I rolled my eyes, “Fast Five? Isn’t that a little…cliché?”

“Hey! It’s a good movie!” he replied.

I shook my head, “Whatever. You’re lucky I think Paul Walker and Vin Diesel are hot or you’d get your ass handed to you.”

“They’re not hotter than me though right?” he asked walking over, putting his hands on my hips.

“Of course.” I smiled and pressed my lips to his.

He kissed me back for a few seconds before pulling away. Taking my hand we walked over and sat down on the couch, pulling me down beside him. He handed me a piece of pizza and a bottle of beer before pushing play on the movie.

We ate pizza for awhile before discarding our plates. I curled closer to him as the big heist started up. As we watched it I felt Matt’s hand begin to roam.

It started on my side before slipping down to my hip and then my ass. Finally it came to rest on top of my pocket. He began patting it before slipping his hand inside.

“What’s this?” he asked and I looked up from the movie to see the condom between his fingers.

I felt my face heat up, “Tori. She threw that at me when I was leaving.”

“Really now?” he asked.

“Yeah. She thinks we’re having sex tonight.” I replied.

“Well we wouldn’t want to make her wrong would we?” he smirked and leaned down and kissed me.

“I guess not.” I replied and kissed him back.

Matt sat us up before pulling me into his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my body closer to his. His hands found my ass again and a second later he stood up, making me wrap my legs around his waist so to prevent falling.

Trailing kisses down my neck he made his way from the loft, carrying me to the back of the warehouse where they had their rooms. A few minutes later my back hit the soft mattress of his bed and I took a moment to look around.

His room smelled like motor oil, WD-40 and whatever cologne or body spray he used and for the most part was clean. Video games were stacked beside the TV and a laptop with schematics for an engine pulled up on it’s screen sat on a table. I wanted to see more but I was distracted as Matt began taking off his shirt, reveling a well toned chest covered in ink. I had to stop myself from drooling at the sight of him in the moonlight leaking in from the window in his room.

Smirking at my reaction he moved to the bed and began to pull my clothes off, tossing them haphazardly around the room. Kisses and touches became hotter and soon all of our clothes were gone.

Reaching over he grabbed the condom that he had sat on the beside table, ripping it open before laughing.

“What’s so funny?” I asked and wordlessly he held up the condom which glowed brightly in the dark.

“Oh my god. I’m going to murder her.” I groaned.

“Later.” he said and a moment later thrust forward.

All thoughts of killing Tori were pushed out of my mind as his body began to move against mine. In fact for the next while I couldn’t form coherent sentences let alone plot revenge. Finally though with a last few thrusts I tumbled over the edge with Matt close behind me.

Collapsing beside me Matt pulled me close as we both caught our breath, our skin hot and sticking together. His lips found the top of my head and pressed against my hair.

“I love you Jinxy.” he said.

“I love you too.” I replied the words tumbling out of my mouth before I could stop them. I had thought about it before but I hadn’t ever thought I’d actually say it out loud.

However I hardly had time to think about it because a moment later my eyes slipped closed and I was out.

When I woke up again I looked at a clock next to the bed and saw that it was just after 2 AM. The bed next to me was empty and cold and I could hear voices coming from the garage.

Getting up I found my panties and pulled them on before pulling on my jeans and Matt’s shirt. Quietly I walked out but stopped a moment later as the voices hit my ears.

“So you finally landed that huh?” Gates laughed.

“Of course! Was there any doubt?” Matt replied.

I rolled my eyes. I should’ve known that Matt was strutting for the guys. I had never known a guy to brag after getting laid. I decided to just go back to bed when another voice hit my ears.

“She wasn’t better than me though? Was she baby?” Val’s voice asked.

Baby? What the hell? I stopped where I was and listened.

“Not nearly. No one is as good as you babe.” Matt replied and there was a smacking sound and I knew they were kissing.

My stomach suddenly felt sick. I was nothing but a quick fuck? What the hell? I had to get out of here now. I would’ve left if had I not stopped again as I heard a voice. However I was thankful this time.

“So did you make the call yet?” Vengeance’s voice asked.

“Yep. They should get it soon. In a matter of hours every heist in the last few months will be linked directly to Torrid and Jinx. They’ll get tossed in jail and we’ll be headed off to Cancun Scott free.” Matt laughed.

“You know you’re a genius Shadz. I don’t know how you managed to pick the perfect pawns. You and Vengeance have those girls wrapped around your little fingers.” Christ laughed.

“There’s no way that they’ll rat us out. They get picked up and you know out of loyalty to you two they’ll keep their mouths shut. Case closed.” Rev added and everyone laughed.

The sickness in my gut turned to fire and I was pissed. They were going to frame Tori and I? I don’t think so. There was no way I was going to let that happen. However I had to make a plan.

I walked back to the room as quietly as I could and dressed the rest of the way. I decided to text Tori but when I went to find my phone I realized that I didn’t have it. I must have left it at home.

Cursing myself I headed out, with a fake smile plastered on my face.

“Shadows?” I called as I walked out.

A moment later there were footsteps on the steps of the loft and he appeared.

“Hey babe.” he smiled and pressed a kiss to my lips before looking down at me.

“You leaving so soon?” he asked.

I nodded, “Tori called and Emma isn’t feeling well. She needs me home.”

He didn’t have to know that I didn’t have my phone.

“Alright. Tell Emma to feel better okay? I’ll see you later. Love you.” he said kissing me softly.

“Love you too.” I replied even though the words were sour on my lips.

Once I pulled away I got in my car and drove as fast as I could towards the house. They said I had only a couple of hours. That meant that we had to make a plan and fast.

I made it to the house in record time, squeeling into the driveway. Barely stopping to turn off my car I booked it inside, bursting through the door.

“Tori?! TORI!!!” I screamed.

“What the hell Jamie?” Max asked sitting up from the couch and a moment later a half asleep Tori shuffled out of her room.

“Why the fuck are you screaming? You’re going to wake up Emma.” she yawned.

“We’re in deep shit. Fucking Shadows and the crew sold us up the fucking river. Get some shit together we gotta leave.” I said quickly as I hurried towards my room.

“What do you mean?!” Tori asked now awake.

“I mean that the cops are going to be here soon. We have just enough time to get in the fucking cars and get the fuck out of here.” I replied.

“Fuck!” Tori spat and began to move as quick as I did.

I grabbed a bag and stuffed clothes into it along with anything else I was going to need. Once it was full I went to see if Tori needed help with Emma.

“Sissy where are we going?” Emma asked as Tori filled her new Monster High book bag up with clothes and things.

“We’re going on a trip princess.” Tori smiled.

“Will we be back in time for school?” Emma asked.

“Maybe. It depends on how much fun we have!” I grinned and both looked up and noticed me for the first time.

“Well I don’t want to have too much fun. I want to go to school.” Emma said looking at me.

I smiled and turned to Tori, “Go get your stuff together. I’ll finish up here.”

She nodded and hurried out. I quickly helped Emma into her sneakers before letting her pick a few select toys to bring with her. Once they were packed away we headed to the living room where Craig was talking on his phone while Max fiddled with something in a plastic package.

“Robert’s going to meet us halfway to Vegas and we’ll switch out cars with some him. Then we can head south.” Craig said as he closed his phone.

“Good you three will do that. Jamie and I will head North.” Tori said.

“What?! You’re coming with us!” Craig said.

“Tori’s right. We’re not going to put you in danger. You two need to take Emma and get out of here. Whatever happens you two take care of Emma.” I said.

“Take this at least. It’s activated and untraceable. When I get the other one up I‘ll text you.” Max said and shoved a prepaid phone into my hand.

“Thanks.” I smiled and Max nodded.

“We’d better get moving. Times ticking.” Tori said.

“Alright lets go.” Craig nodded and we headed out.

Emma had just climbed into her carseat in the back of Tori’s car when suddenly sirens rang out.

“GO!” Tori said quickly and shoved the keys at Craig.

“What?!” Craig asked.

“Get Emma out of here! Now!” Tori replied.

“Too late!” Max replied and I spun around to see a mass of cop cars speeding towards us in the night.

A minute later the cars skidded to a stop and we were surrounded.

“DROP YOUR BAGS GET ON YOUR KNEES AND PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACK!” a voice yelled.

I tossed my bag away and fell to my knees with my hands behind my head, Tori, Craig and Max following suit. A moment later the cops swarmed us and I felt myself pushed forward onto the ground.

Someone read me my Miranda rights and I vaguely agreed to them. I was in shock. However a sudden scream shook me out of it. My head turned and I saw a female officer pulling Emma out of the car.

“NO! I WANT MY SISSY! SISSY HELP ME! MIMI HELP!!!” Emma screamed as she fought against the officer.

I looked over and saw Tori silently crying, not looking at Emma. I felt tears pressing against the backs of my eyes but I shoved them away as the cop put me in the back of the car. I was sick to my stomach again.

We’d thought we’d fix things by moving out here. We thought that we’d make enough money and bring Emma out here and we could be together. I couldn’t believe that we’d ever been so stupid.