Heist

Diamonds & Kisses

A horn honked from outside and I pulled back the curtain to see Shadows’ Audi sitting in the driveway.

“Tori! Time to go!” I yelled through the house.

“Head on out! I’ll be there in a minuet! I can’t find my damn shoe!” she yelled.

I laughed, “Alright but move your ass bit!” I replied and headed out to the car.

Today we were working on one of the most elaborate jobs to date. It was going to take each of us to work it out. We weren’t meeting at the garage like usual. Instead we were meeting at a spot close to the place where everything would go down so there wasn’t a need for many cars and that was why Shadows was picking us up.

“Hey.” I smiled as I climbed in the car.

“Hello. Nice jacket.” he smiled, his dimples decorating his face.

When I saw them I felt my stomach flutter. It was symptom that had been happening more and more often as of late. It was odd.

“Thanks. Birthday gift.” I smiled.

“Ah well I have one more for you then. I know its 3 days late but I thought you‘d like it.” He replied and from the pocket of his hoodie pulled out a small blue box.

I smiled and took the box. Inside was a necklace with a single diamond pendant hanging from it.

“Oh my god it’s beautiful!” I smiled and leaned over and hugged him.

“Welcome.” He grinned.

“Can you help me put it on?” I asked.

“Sure.” he replied and took the box.

I lifted my hair up and he clipped it around my neck.

“Thanks again. It’s beautiful.” I replied.

He smiled, “You’re welcome.”

“Alright let’s go!” Tori said as she climbed in the back seat.

Shadows nodded and pulled out of the drive way.

Twenty minuets later we pulled into an empty alley where a white Mustang and a large black van was waiting for us. When we pulled up the others got out.

“Okay remind me why we couldn’t fucking meet somewhere warmer?” Christ asked as he pulled his jacket closer around him.

“Because Short Shit we didn’t want to be overheard.” Gates replied smacking him on the back of the head.

He was right though the weather had taken a cold turn in the past few days. The jacket Craig had bought me for my birthday was warm but I was still cold despite wearing that, a black bear eared beanie and gloves. Tori was in a gray hooded pea coat, red gloves and an Angry Birds beanie.

“Anyhow now that Johnny’s done wining like a two year old lets go over our places.” Shadows replied.

“Right. So Michelle is going to take her place across the street from the store and Pixie and Val are going to go inside.” Jimmy smiled glancing at me.

Ever since the day Shadows had picked us up from Comic Con in our Cosplay gear Jimmy had taken to calling me Pixie due to the wings on my costume. It was irritating.

“Fuck you Rev. Just talk about the plan.” I replied.

He smiled and continued, “Shadows, Gates, Me and Torrid are going to be in the back alley waiting in the van. Christ is going to be outside of the store keeping an eye on things.” Jimmy said.

“Alright everyone know their jobs or do we have to go over that?” Shadows asked.

We all shook our heads.

“Alright then Val…Jinxy…you will need these.” Shadows said and from the back of the van pulled out two wigs.

Mine was a short bob with bangs and was a shade or so darker than my own hair. Val’s a dark curly red wig and she added glasses.

I pulled my hat off and Tori helped me tuck all my curls under the wig and adjust it right on my head. Once that was done I put back on my hat and Val and I set off.

We had a three block walk to the store which would give everyone time to get in place. We hadn’t talked much since Torrid and I had joined up with Avenged Sevenfold.

“So I see Matt gave you a necklace.” she said as we walked down the sidewalk.

“You mean Shadows? Yeah he gave it to me as a belated birthday gift.” I replied.

“I knew it was only a matter of time.” she muttered to herself.

“A matter of time until what?” I asked.

She scoffed, “You’re so blind little girl.”

I opened my mouth to say something when we reached the store. Val pushed the door open and walked in and I followed.

The store was an old pawn shop. A week earlier a guy had pawned a very large diamond. Why he did it we didn’t know nor did we care. The diamond was roughly worth $25,000 and we were out to get it.

The shop was ran by an older guy who was also the only person who ran it on Wednesdays which was today. The security system was minimal and almost completely obsolete which would make things all that much easier.

Val and I walked over to a case and began to act like we were perusing the jewelry. A few moments later there was a honking outside and a bunch of screaming from Christ. The old man ran out of the store to see what was going on.

We followed and saw Michelle laying on the ground and the white Mustang speed off, Vengeance behind the wheel. Thank god for the fact Michelle could not only act but knew how to take a hit from a car like a stunt person.

“Go.” I said turning to Val convinced the old man was preoccupied.

Val ran back in and unplugged the security system, avoiding the cameras. Once done she gave me thumbs up and I called Torrid.

“All clear.” I said as soon as she picked up.

“Got it.” she replied and hung up.

I watched through the window as Rev, Gates, Syn and Torrid walked into the store. They found the safe where the old man kept all his valuables and such and Torrid cracked the lock. Walking in the they grabbed they searched until they found the diamond and hurried out.

A moment later my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw a text from Torrid.

From: Torrid
Wake her up


I walked over and stood just behind where people were crowded around Michelle. Christ was one of them making sure to keep an eye on things and warn us if it was going south.

I let out a low whistle and watched as Michelle’s eyes fluttered open. A few moments later she sat up. With a quick poke in Christ’s back Val and I walked off.

Val and I met the others in the alley we’d met in earlier and jumped in and Gates sped off.

“So did you get it?” I asked.

“What the fuck do you think?” Tori smiled and pulled out the largest diamond I’d ever seen.

“Holy fuck.” I replied taking it from her hand.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” Jimmy asked.

“Agreed.” I replied and handed back to Tori.

We drove back to the garage. By the time we got there Vengeance was there with Michelle and Christ. They were hanging out in the loft.

“We got it.” Shadows smiled.

“Fuck yes!” Vengeance smiled.

“And I think it calls for a little bit of a party!” Gates yelled and began to pull out beers for everyone.

Three hours later I lay on the couch mouthing along with ‘Last Resort’ by Papa Roach which was on the radio. Tori, Vengeance, Gates and Christ were downstairs fucking around with one of the cars while Jimmy, Val and Michelle had gone to grab more beers. I was starting to doze off when there was movement. I turned and saw Shadows.

“Hey.” He replied sitting on the coffee table.

“Hiya.” I replied smiling at him.

“You and Val did good today.” he replied.

“Thank you.”

“Welcome. That necklace looks good on you.” he replied.

The reminder of the necklace made me think back to what Val had said to me earlier.

“Shadows-” but he cut me off.

“You and Torrid have shown us that you’re for real the past few weeks. I think you’re enough a part of the team to call me Matt.” he said.

“Okay then Matt.” I said trying the name out. It was odd but I liked it.

“What?” he asked.

“Earlier today Val said something about it only being a matter of time when I told her you gave me this. Why would she say that? What was she talking about?” I asked.

He laughed and looked at me.

“Um…wow thanks Val…” he muttered with a laugh.

“Okay look…over the past few weeks I well I haven’t been able to get you off my mind.” he replied his face darkening.

“W-What? I thought you and Val were a thing.” I replied sitting up.

“We were. Until about a month ago when she broke up with me.” he replied.

“Oh.” I replied.

“Yeah. I know you don’t like me like-” but before he could finish the sentence I closed my lips around his.

It was an impulse. One that turned out to be a good choice because a moment later Matt began to move his lips with mine.

A few moments later we pulled away.

“That was nice.” I smiled.

“It was.” he replied his smile just as big as mine.

A second later we heard someone on the stairs and Val and Michelle appeared.

“We picked up KFC for dinner. Matt can you go help Jimmy get the beer?” Michelle asked.

“Sure thing.” Matt nodded and stood up and gave me a smile before going downstairs.

I saw Val give me a look full of poison before sitting down the KFC bag and starting to put things out on the table in the corner.

Michelle looked between the two of us and shook her head before going over to help Val.

Any other time I would’ve been worried about Val being mad at me but like Matt had said we were part of the team now. Besides Matt was a good kisser. I couldn’t wait to tell Tori.
♠ ♠ ♠
Diamonds