Status: Slow update but I promise it worth to wait ;)

A Wonderful Surprise

Love, Selfish Love

Tonight was the third time Nick took Mary out. They once had lunch together, went to the park the other time, and now Nick took Mary to a fine restaurant in Downtown—just as Halvo recommended the boy before.

As they're done with the dinner, Nick didn't take Mary home right away. He took Mary for a little walk even though it didn't go for so long because Mary asked him to go home. Mary said she felt not good about leaving Garrett as she asked Nick to spend the night in her house with Garrett—she thought it would be fun for them—Nick couldn't just resist her so he called a cab to send them home.

Too bad, Garrett said that he's spending the night playing games with Jared and Kennedy since Mary canceled their plan. Mary was disappointed, though, she knew he wasn't wrong. It was her fault for forgetting their plan at the first place.

Nick didn't care if Mary disappointed or not, he honestly was happy that Garrett wouldn't be there to disturb his time with Mary. He had a secret plan that night, he just needed the right time to do it. And tonight might be the right time.

`Wow, what a night,` said Mary as she went inside and took off her coat.

`Did you like it? The dinner, the atmosphere?`

`Yes,` Mary nodded. `Thank you so much, Nick.` She smiled.

`Glad you liked it, Hun,` Said Nick smiling back at the girl. `Eric said it's the best place for a date.`

`Oh,` Mary said shortly. `Well—yeah, almost everyone there were couples,` she let out some awkward chuckles.

`So, what are we going to do now?` Asked Nick immediately.

`Ah, too bad Garrett couldn't join us,` Mary sighed as she sat on the couch and made a gesture to let Nick sit beside her. `Movies?`

`Sure.`

Mary gave all her DVD collections to Nick and let him choose some movies to watch. She herself went to the kitchen to make two cups of tea for her and Nick. As she went back with two cups of tea, Nick already got his DVDs to watch.

`Harry Potter? Alright,` said Mary as she went to the DVD player, turned it on and played the movie.

The movie started as Mary went back to her seat. She could feel Nick leaned his body to her side, she wanted to move but she just couldn't. It's so comfortable to be by Nick's side so she leaned back to Nick's side. It definitely made the boy felt surprised. He didn't know that Mary would be that close to him. For some moments they stayed on that position. But once the movie went to some romantic scenes, Nick made himself closer to the girl. He could either leaned his head on Mary's shoulder or rounded his arms around Mary's body. As if it came to a scene where the characters were fighting with each other, Nick would let Mary hid behind his arm. Even though it was awkward at the first time, they're starting to feel comfortable.

Soon as the movie ended, Nick and Mary just sat there in the couch, stayed on their position, leaning to each other. Mary knew it was awkward so she stood up and drank her tea, acting like she wanted more tea for tonight.

`Can you come back with a guitar? I feel like singing tonight.` Nick requested.

`Go to the backyard! I think Garrett left his guitar there!`

Nick did what Mary told him. But he was thinking so hard about Mary and Garrett. They're so close to each other. Garrett loved Mary, he knew that. He could just win because they already knew each other for years, they're so close like siblings, and plus, Garrett never made a big mistake like Nick has had ever done.

But it seemed like Garrett never—or probably had not—tell about his feeling to Mary. That's a big chance for Nick because: one, he knew Mary had opened her heart again for him; two, Garrett wouldn't let Mary knew his feeling. Friendship was somehow more than anything for the Nickelsen boy. He wouldn't break his friendship just for a love that could end eventually. At least, those were only in Nick's mind, he never knew what happened actually, though.

Nick ended up playing guitar in Mary's backyard. When Mary found him, he's playing some random notes. Nick told Mary to sit with him as she did. She also brought a cup of hot chocolate for Nick.

`What are you going to sing?`

`Something, I don't know yet. Do you have any favorite song to sing?` Nick asked back. Now he played some notes of his new song.

`Well, me and Garrett sing everything. We can randomly choose a song, or even make our own lyrics.` Said Mary, wandering.

`Mary,` Nick called. `It's our night tonight. Can we just talk about us? Me and you? Nick and Mary`

`I'm sorry.`

`Well, it's okay. I can't just get mad to you, you know that?`

`Why?`

`Because I love you.`

`What?`

`I love you, Mary. I want to be someone special for you, like I want you to be someone special for me. I want to be your only one, like you're the only one for me.`

There, Nick kissed Mary, showing how he's in love with that girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy new year!