Status: Slow update but I promise it worth to wait ;)

A Wonderful Surprise

Listen To Your Heart

Tik, tok, tik, tok, tik, tok--

There's nothing happened in that room except clock on the wall that keep tick-tock-ing behind them, and TV screen that showed a re-run of F.R.I.E.N.D.S in low volume. They didn't really pay attention to the screen, though—they both were busy with their own mind.

`So, Mary,` Kayla finally spoke up. `Are you going to tell me something?` Asked her in concern.

`Uh, no—yes. No.` Mary answered but she wasn't really sure herself.

`Okay, tell me. Now.` Kayla locked her eyes to her best friend's. Kayla always do that if she wanted someone to do something for her. Kayla has her power on her stares.

`It's about Nick,` Mary said slowly. She played with her fingers, showing that she's nervous at that time. `We—you know, we had dinner yesterday. And then, we're going back to my house, watching Harry Potter.`

`Oh,` Kayla responded shortly. `And then?`

`Then, we went to my backyard,` Mary paused as Kayla moved her body closer, she's so interested to hear the story. `He kissed me.`

`What?!` Kayla shouted. `Wait, wait. Was it he kissed you since the movie finished or you went to your backyard together then made out there?!` She asked in rushed.

`We didn't make out! Oh, God!` Mary threw her hand to the air then pulled her hair slowly. `So he asked me to bring a guitar but I told him to get Garrett's guitar in backyard, then we sat there.` Mary stopped. She seemed like she wasn't sure to continue her story.

`Go on, Dear.`

`He said he didn't want me to talk about Garrett because it was our night. Then—he said he loved me--` Mary hugged a pillow in her lap as she covered her eyes there, didn't continue her story.

`Okay, okay,` Kayla finally understood. `Did you kiss him back.?`

Mary stared at Kayla blankly. Her face was full of guilt. Kayla let out an 'aww' and hugged her best friend tight. As she stroke her best friend's back gently, Kayla whispered that everything will be fine for her.

After some minutes of hugging each other, they finally released the hug. Kayla still stroking Mary's hand and she slowly asked, `Mary, do you love Nick?`

Mary glanced and looked up to Kayla. `To be honest, I do not know. Really, Kayla. I can't define my feeling. But that kiss felt so right.` Mary felt her cheeks getting wet.

`Ssh, Baby, it's alright,` Kayla once again stroke Mary's back. `Maybe you have a feeling for him deep in your heart, but you don't think it's right because your head said so. Remember when you told me you would never believe in Nick again? That's what your mind said, because I know you don't want to be hurt again, right?`

Mary slowly nodded to what Kayla just explained. She wiped her tears with her thumb. `I didn't answer him.` She said. `I told him I need time to think about it.`

`That's fine. You really need to think before deciding things.`

`But he didn't seem so fine.` Mary frowned. She still remembered everything happened last night, especially Nick's expression when she said she couldn't answer him that time.

`Mary, I love you. So much.` Nick said between his kiss. It was something he knew he should have not done but he just couldn't help it.

Mary in other way didn't deny the kisses. Soon as Nick crashed his lips to hers, she let herself kissed back the ginger boy. But it didn't went so long. Mary realized what she was doing and she suddenly remembered that she should have not done this. She quickly pushed the boy away from her and moved away from Nick to the other couch in her back yard.

`What is it, Mary? Why you stopped?` Nick asked in nervous. Some cold sweat came down from his head and neck.

`Nothing, Nick,` she shakily answered. `I just—it wasn't right...`

`Why?` Nick kept asking her. `Tell me, do you love me? Because I do to you, Mary.`

Mary didn't answer Nick. She blankly looked down, didn't know what to do. She felt cold as she wrapped her hands around her own body, she didn't like this situation.

`Mary,` Nick called as he went closer to the girl. He slowly put his hand on hers, trying to hold her hands but Mary just didn't let him. `Will you answer me?`

Mary looked at him confused. She finally asked him to go home because she suddenly didn't feel good. It might just one way of her to stop her weird feeling and let her chill herself alone.

Nick was confused but he finally stood up, preparing his stuffs before going back to Halvo's house. He got a last chance to hug the girl really tight. There, he once more whispered how much he loved Mary. Plus one other question which was shocking for Mary.

`You may not answer this right now, even though I hope you'll answer me. But—Mary, I love you so much,` said Nick as he held Mary's hands. `Do you want to be my girlfriend?`

Mary got quiet, but Nick gave her options, so she thought she better postpone the answer. `I just can't answer it right now, I'm sorry. Can you please give me some days to think about this?`

Mary could see his frown as she finished her words. He definitely didn't like the idea of her postponing her answer. But it was Nick himself who gave her choices.

`Okay,` he finally said. `I'll see you again later, maybe tomorrow or—I don't know, just as soon as possible. There, I hope you already found an answer.` He said as he hugged and thanked her for that night. Mary herself just nodded and closed her door quickly as Nick left.


`So, you already got an answer?` Kayla asked. She now had a jar of cookies on her lap. Girls talk wouldn't be fun without cookies or other delicious snacks.

`Not yet,` Mary said, sipping her tea. `I'm so confused.`

`Why? You don't love him? Or you do but you just don't want to admit it?`

`I didn't mean I don't wanna admit it, Kay,` Mary said. `I just confused. I don't want to be hurt again.`

`If you believe him, you wouldn't be hurt again.` Kayla told her best friend. `Or, Mary,` she suddenly got an idea. `Do you have someone else in your mind?`

Mary got her cheeks burnt red. Garrett's face suddenly popped in her mind. But what did she feel about her very best friend? Was it also something called love? She didn't even know.

`Aah, you do, Dear,` Kayla grinned as Mary's cheeks became more red. `So you don't know which one to choose, eh?`

`Perhaps,` Mary finally answered after thinking for some seconds. `But, Kayla, I guess I won't break my friendship for something more called love.`

Kayla looked at her best friend's eyes deeply, trying to find out if Mary was being honest or not. She actually had something in her mind, she really wanted to tell it directly to Mary but she didn't want Mary become more confused.

`Well, then, I think you almost get what answer you should give to Nick. I hope it's the best one for you, for him, and for us. ` Kayla finally said, smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, sorry for making you waiting for this update. I hope this super long chapter will make you happy :)
Now you already knew which one Mary chose, eh? :p
Oh, the other fiction I told ya before, about ATLxThe Maine, I'll update it when this story already has 15 chapters, please wait if you think you'd like it, thanks! :D
Btw, do you like the new layout? :)